Chapter 40

SHELLY

"I came to see you, actually."

"Why? Why would you come see me? We never see eye to eye, and we don't like each other."

"Look, Selena didn't ask me to come, so don't think that. I feel like this relationship of ours didn't start off very well, so, since no one is home, I want to spend time with you, and become, friends?"

"Fine, Justin. Come in." I said moving aside for him to walk in.

"Thanks." I heard him mumble.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked sitting down on the couch.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Do you want to go out for lunch?" He asked looking over at me.

"Sure." He smiled and got up and grabbed his keys. He opened the front door for me.

"Thank you."

"No problem." He smiled and then opened the door to his car for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"You're welcome." He said jogging around the front of his car and getting in.

He started the engine and it roared.

"I like your car." His Audi was leopard print, it was nice.

"Thanks, I do too." He smiled placing his hands on the dashboard.

He drove out of the driveway and we were on the highway.

"Let me ask you a question." I said looking over at him.

"Shoot." He said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Why would you get a car like this, like, with a crazy design on the outside. Don't you think people will find you easily?"

He laughed.

"Ya know?" He said before looking over at me for a brief second, "I never thought of that. I mean I wanted something different than white, black, silver, you know? So I went with something crazy!"

I laughed and he smiled.

"We're here." He said. He got out and walked to the seat behind him to grab his snap back. He place it backwards on his head, and walked over to me.

"Ok, let's go!" He says throwing his arm over my shoulder as if we've been friends for a while. It doesn't really bother me, so I let him keep it there. We walk into the little deli.

"This place is so cute!" I whisper to him.

"Yeah, it's so cute!" He said 'cute' as if he was a teenage girl. I laughed and he laughed too.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Um, Turkey, Lettuce, and Mayonnaise on Italian bread please."

"Sure. Grab us a table and I'll be over in a few minutes." I nod. He turns to the cashier and tell him our orders.

I sit at a table waiting for him. I have to say, he's very sweet to me. I liked him before Sel and him were dating, and then in the beginning of their relationship, he was a gentlemen and I didn't mind. I have to admit, we had so much fun. I was maybe 8 or 9 at the time and we would have so much fun.

And then be became a 'bad boy' and hurt Selena or she hurt him, but her being my sister, I take her side. I always wonder why she goes back to him after everything that has happened, but so far today, he's sweet, and that's what she loves about him.