Chapter 60

"Taylor!" I yelled, jumping up and into her arms.

"How are you?" I asked, pulling back.

"I'm good, I came to hang with you. How are things?"

"They're alright. When Selena is home it's better, but when she's away on tour, it's lonely."

"I gotcha, but summer is right around the corner, and soon you'll be able to go with her," she said and I nodded as we walked down the stairs.

"C'mon, lets got out!" She proposed as she grabbed her keys, leading me out of the house and into her car.

"Where are we going?" I laughed as I sat in the passenger seat of the car.

"To lunch," she stated, turning the car on and backing out of the driveway.

New Romantics came on the radio and I looked at Taylor, and she looked back. We smiled at the same time before I turned the volume up all the way.

We sang along, well, basically screamed along. The song ended and I was laughing while Taylor looked for another station.

"Never thought I'd sing that with the Taylor Swift, the singer of the song herself," I said, looking out the window as we drove.

"Never thought I'd sing that with the Shell Gomez, the best fan in the world," she winked as she pulled up to a small cafe.

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes as we got out of the car, meeting her on the curb.

"Great," she mumbled as a dozen of paparazzi snapped their camera at us.

Taylor grabbed my arm and we kept our heads down as we walked into the cafe.

"I hate that, and it's not me they're looking at," I mumbled as we sat down.

"They're looking at you, Michelle, they are," Taylor said.

"Probably because Taylor Swift had a death grip on my arm and was walking around downtown LA with Selena Gomez's sister," I raised my eyebrow, challenging her.

Taylor just looked at me, as I looked at her amused, knowing she didn't know what to say to make me feel better.

"Just, just read your menu," she spat as she looked at her menu, smiling a small smile.

We ordered our food and started talking.

"Is Selena still talking to Justin?" Taylor asked, taking a sip of her Diet Coke.

"Honestly, I don't know. We don't really talk about it, like her relationships or mine. But since she's been planning the tour and now touring, she's been really busy and I know she isn't looking to rekindle with him. She's putting herself first and she wants to have fun and is having fun with the tour so I guess she's just doing her thing," I said. Just as she was going to answer our food arrived and we thanked the waitress.

"That's good, I'm glad she's focusing on herself and the tour.