Chapter 9

(APRIL 5)

MICHELLE'S POV

I let go of him and looked at the table. Jessica was sitting there. shit.

-----

We all ordered our foods and mom and dad said a little something and then EVERYONE at the the table said something about me! Even Jake.

"Shel, I'm so happy that you and I are as close as we are! you're my best friend, you're like my sister, and I love ya!"

"Thanks Jake!" I hugged him and he pecked me cheek. I felt tingles.

"Mush!!!! I can't believe that you're already 13! I've watched you grow up and I've watched you succeed in everything you've done. I can't thank you enough for always being there, you're the best sister ever, and certainly my best friend for life. Love ya Mush!"

"Thanks so much Sel I love you too!!"

"I don't know Michelle that much but I'd like to say some things." Jessica stood up.

"Michelle, who do you look up too?" She questioned.

"Well, Sel." I smiled and looked at Sel and then at Jessica.

"Sel? why her? She's nothing and-"

"What did you just say?" I'm fricken angry!

"Wait I'm not finished-a devilish smile across her lips- you're sister is an idiot for dating Justin and she's a slut and famewhore. and I bet you'll be the same way. No one likes you, and you're not pretty, and now you wonder why Jake never liked you?"

Tears were trying to pour out of my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"No one asked you to be here, and I certainly didn't want your ratchet ass here. and another thing, you can insult me all you want, but you better not say shit about Selena, she's better than you'll ever be. And Jake, it's true that I have a huge crush on you. And after what Jessica said about me, it's true, I wondered why you never picked me! But she's right, I'm not pretty and no one likes me, and even if they did it's because of Selena! Sel, I love you but now I better tell you: people use me to get to you. I'm sorry I never told any of you anything, especially you Sel and mom and dad. I'm sorry-I'm sorry." I ended in a whisper because the tears were everywhere. I ran out of the restaurant leaving everyone there.

----

SELENA'S POV

we all looked at each other and I ran out after her.

"Michelle? Ah! Michelle! Come here!" I saw her and ran to her she was sitting on a bench bawling her eyes out.

"Selena what do you want? I'm done!"

"No! Shhhh! Shh! Please! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want you to think less of me! Ok, I look up to you, and I didn't want you to think bad of me, I'm sorry!"

"Aw Mush! You know you can always trust me and always come to me for anything, I'm you're sister and I love you and I'll never not love you." She nodded and hugged me. Everyone came out of the place and hugged Michelle and wished her happy birthday, even though it wasn't so happy. Mom and dad drove home and Jake and Jessica left. She's a bitch.

----

JAKES'S POV

"Ugh." I sighed

"Babe! Now you don't have to worry about that bitch anymore! Aren't you happy?"

"Did you not listen to my speech at dinner? She's my best friend! Why the hell would you say those things? What's the matter with you?"

"Jake! You don't want her, you want me." she wrapped her arms around my neck but I pushed her off.

"No you're wrong. I want Michelle, and now I probably won't because of you! And from all the stuff you said tonight, all the bad stuff you said about her, is not her. she's genuine, and funny, and sweet and beautiful. She's better then you and she deserves the best. I don't wanna talk to you ever again. get out of my life." She stormed off. I got on my long board and rode to Shelly's house.

----

SHEL'S POV

I heard knocking on my window and opened it.

"Jake! What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk, can I please come up?"

"Yes wait by the back door." he nodded and I ran to the door and let him in. We walked up to my room and sat on my bed.

"Look Jake what are you doing here? shouldn't you be with Jessica?" I got chills up my spine just saying her name.

"No I shouldn't."

"Yes you should she's, she's you girlf-"

"I broke up with her."

"Why?"

"After the stuff she said and called you! She was out of line and I couldn't stand it anymore! She was wrong. Everyone likes you! And you're not pretty, you're beautiful and I never asked you out because I didn't want to rush things between us. You're 13, and I'm gonna be 15 in a month or so, I have feelings for you, honestly I do but I wanna wait a year or two before anything serious happens between us just in case.

"Awe Jake!"

"Michelle, I'm sorry. I'm sorry she ruined you're birthday."

"It's ok." I laughed.

"Happy birthday!" he laughed with a funny expression on his face. "Although I bet it wasn't so happy."

"My birthday is happy now because you're here now." I smiled and he hugged me. He pulled away.

"You truly are beautiful." He whispered staring into my eyes pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. He hugged me again.

-------

YOU GUYS WHAT DID YOU THINK? I hope you enjoyed this chapter I put a lot into it a lot of the things in here is true although I don't have a bf... How have y'all been?