Chapter 31 Part 1

SHELLY'S POV
"You did amazing. I don't know where to begin." I heard from behind me.

I turned and looked at the person standing in the door frame.

"Thanks. But how would you know? You were barely there." I stated looking at Selena.

"I was there enough to know how good of a singer you are. Mush, you're amazing." She smiled.

"Hm." I shrugged.

"Seriously, everyone knows, and I know."

"I'm glad you do but, can we continue this conversation later?" I asked looking at her.

"Of course." She said and hugged me.

"Well well, SHELLY BEAN YOU DID AWESOME!" David screamed from the door.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Sel sent us a video!" He said stepping aside to show Jen.

"You were amazing." She smiled and I hugged them.

"Can I ask you guys something?"

"Sure." Selena said and we sat on the chairs.

"So when I was with Jake, I totally forgot about Cole. It's like I have mixed emotions.
I like Cole and all but Jake is special, in his own way."

"I think you need to go with your heart." Jen said. I nodded.

"Yeah. I mean I see you with Cole, it's like you're happy but at the same time you want something else. When you're with Jake it's like your constantly smiling and you're like on cloud 9." Selena said.

"You're right. But Cole is so great!" I said.

"I know but Shel, you have to go with what you think." David said.

"I would feel horrible if I hurt him though." I said disappointed.

"I have a plan." David said with his pointer finger in the air.

"What's up?" Jen asked.

"You spend time with both boys, separately, and then you see how you feel."

"That's actually smart!" Jen said.

"Awesome, thanks guys!" I said.

"Can they stay so I can talk to you three about this whole thing during the party. You know fill y'all in on stuff?" I asked Selena.

"Of course, who do you think I'm gonna hang with?"

"Oh, nevermind." I said getting up. I rushed inside to get my bathing suit on.
****
10 minutes later people started coming. After a half hour, I had the whole grade in my back yard.

"Michelle!" Cole said hugging me.

"Hey, Cole!" I hugged him back. I saw Selena, Jen, and David looking at me from the kitchen. I waved them off. We walked in the back yard.

"Car Hood in da house!" Carolyn yelled as she walked in the yard.

"Yo, Car, over here!" I yelled and she ran over to me.

"Girl, Jake is looking H O T!" She said looking at him.

"Yeah. I mean, I guess." Shit that was close.

"If you don't snatch him up, imma do it."

"Carolyn, you're an idiot."

"Thank you." My friends and I all started laughing.

"Shel, wanna hang?" Cole asked and I nodded. I waved to my friends and Cole and I headed to the lake in the yard.

"Your yard is huge! You have a lake AND a pool!" He said admiring the view.

"Yeah." I said looking at everyone having fun.

"The DJ is spinning some sweet tracks." He said.

"I guess?" I said looking at him.

He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Just wanted to talk. Get you away from your friends. "

"Oh, ok. But I can't just be with you because I have to entertain my guests." I said standing up.

"Ok." He shrugged and grabbed my hand and walked me over to everyone.

"Selena! Jen! Davey Baby!" I screamed through the house.

"Here!" Jen said from the kitchen.

"Let's go out to the driveway so no one else can hear us." Selena said and we walked outside.

"So he basically wanted to have me to himself just to "talk" or something but like we didn't talk at all. So I told him I had to go to "entertain" my guests so I could get away from him. Like I don't want to be rude and just leave him, but it was awkward." I explained.

"Well, that's interesting." Jen said. Sel nodded agreeing with her.

"Can you guys get Carolyn for me?" I asked.

"Sure." Sel said.

SELENA'S POV

I searched the yard for Carolyn. It was hard because kids kept coming up to me asking for pictures and autographs and stuff like that.

"Selena!" Carolyn said hugging me. I hugged her back. She's one of my favorite friends of Shelly.

"Shel wants you." I said grabbing her hand and running with her through the crowd of people.

"There." I said pointing to her.

"Thanks." She whispered. I nodded and walked back to Jen and David.

SHELLY'S POV

I saw Carolyn and got up and hugged her. We sat on the curb.

"Honestly, I don't know what to do with Cole. Like I like Cole a lot, but I've had these feelings for Jake and it's a totally different feeling when I'm with Jake than when I'm with Cole."

"I get it. I think you need to go with your heart. Like Jake is here, talk to him or something and figure it out."

"Thanks Car."

"No problem. That's what I'm here for." She smiled and I hugged her.

"Um, I don't wanna be rude but can I be alone, just to think everything over."

"Sure." She said and got up and walked into the house. I took the basketball from the garage and started to play a little.

I'm so confused. Cole Is sweet but Jake makes me feel different.

"Hey, Shelly." I heard a boy voice and looked into his chocolate eyes.
***************************************************
What do you think will happen?

Part two will come tomorrow or the next day so expect it!

Read my other stories!

Love y'all! Xx