Chapter 11

SELENA'S POV

I felt happy when the reporter said that. I get called so many names. And I'm human and they forget that it hurts my feelings. I try to let it go but sometimes it's too much. I'm hitting the studio today. I want to record a song about people being themselves and not feeding into people's criticism (hint...hint...)

Like who says things like that? Just cause I'm in front of the world like this, where everyone can see me, doesn't make it ok to break me down.

Shel and I finished our frozen yogurt and went back home. Shel and I walked in the door to see mom sitting there.

"Mom are you ok?"

"Yes. Just a little out of it, that's all."

"Then go take a nap."Shel suggested and I nodded.

"Ok. Girls I need to tell you something."

What?" Shel asked concerned.

"I'm leaving. For a few days. I'm trying to do something, for myself. I'm not seeing anyone but your dad. It's a secret. But since dad is out of the country for a month or two, I decided to use this time to do this. It's a secret project... you'll see eventually. It's gonna take a long time, though, girls. Selena you're in charge. I'm leaving later tonight."

"When will you be home?" Michelle said stepping backwards jumping on the counter.

"5 weeks to a month...."

"What?!" Shel nearly screamed.

"I'm sorry girls. It's hard for me to explain, but you'll see soon, it's a surprise. I need to go, pack." She said uncertain.

What? What was all I could think.

"What!" My blood was boiling.

Mom just turned around on the stairs and shrugged. Dammit.

~*~ Later ~*~

It was 6:30. Mom hasn't come downstairs. My phone buzzed and I quickly answered.

~*~*~*~

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Selena?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Ryan, from the recording studio."

"Oh! Ryan! Hi, how are you?"

"I'm good. Listen Selena, I noticed you didn't come in earlier."

"I didn't because something unexpected came up."

"Ok, it's ok I was just calling to see if you wanted to come over tomorrow, around 2:30ish?"

"Yes sounds great see you then!"

"Bye Selena."

~*~*~

Mom came downstairs not to long after I was on the phone.

"Ok. I'll see you girls I'm a month or two." She said pretty quickly. I just pushed it out of my mind.

"Ok, by mom I love you." I said giving her a hug.

"Bye mom love you!" she said hugging her tightly.

"Bye girls I love you! See you soon." She blew us a kiss and closed the front door.

I looked at Michelle and she looked up at me. She smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Dinner?"

"I'll be in the car." Was all she said and I burst out in laugher.

I grabbed my purse and walked to the car. Having mom away will give me and Shel a chance to be with each other, sister bonding, right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, their mom is gone, what do you think? Why did she leave and what will Sel and Shel do?

comment and vote! Love you guys!!