62

Hot.

My body felt like it was on fire as I opened my heavy eyelids and looked to Dion who's mammoth body was basically thrown over my own. I wanted to gag as our skin felt like velcro as I slipped from under him. He grumbled softly but I paid it no mind as I walked my way to the window and opened it up wide, letting the freezing air in.

I spread my arms and sigh softly as I let my body cool down, "Ugggghhhhh." A groan left my lips as I stood there until the cold became too much and pricked at my skin.

"Close that window.. I ain't paying for heat if u finna let it out." Dion's voice was scratchy as he poked his head out from under the covers. I send him a glare, "You keep laying on me and making it extra hot. What if I suffocate? Hm?" He rolls his eyes, "Then less money on my electric bill." I throw my head back as I laugh and listen to his sweet chuckle as he sat up in bed.

"Looks like it's gone snow.. I can smell it." I mumble softly and he looks at me like I'm crazy, "Smell it?..What it smell like?.. water?.." He looks at me stupidly and I shake my head, "I can't explain it.. it's the same way when u know when the seasons change or it's gonna rain.. ya just smell it." He watched me for a moment before tucking the blanket under his chin, "Mhm.. Well imma go back to sleep Bc it's.." he looks at the clock, "Eight in the fucking morning." I giggle as he angrily flips back over and huffs.

I make my way back to the bed and grab my phone off the nightstand. I check the time and widen as I see the date, "Get up its Christmas Eve! Get uuup!" I yell and watch him lay still, pretending to sleep. I climb on top of him and watch him peek an eye at me before dipping his head under the blanket. "Diooooon!!! Get uppp!!" I yell and press my lips over the blanket before screaming. His hand flies out and pushes me off him, making me burst out in giggles as I bounced on the soft mattress below us.

"Aight! Damn!" He yelled as his peanut head poked right back out the blankets, "You tryna make me deaf for Christmas?" He sends me a glare and I pay it no mind as I crawl right back over to him and lay across his body, "Uh yeah? If u don't get up I will." He sucks his teeth and finally sits up to look down at me, "What we gotta do so early in the morning anyway?" I smile brightly and sit up until my nose almost touches his, "We gotta buy decorations and a tree then wrapping paper to match and theeen we have to get some stuff to cook for dinner and theeen hot chocolate and Christmas movies." His eyes widened for a moment before he shook his head with a small smile, "Aight. Let's go." I didn't need to be told twice as I jumped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

I was already brushing my teeth by the time he lazily walked in and stood behind me. I look up at him and smile, "Geh rehey! Ish gonna e sho muh fuh! (get ready it's gonna be so much fun!)" He nods his head, "Imma pretend like I know what you sayin." His lips press a kiss to my head before he starts brushing his teeth too.

Our morning routine was full of Christmas spirit. I sung Christmas carols at the top of my lungs while Dion danced and got dressed with me. I even got him to sing with me by the time we were walking out the house,

"AaaaAllL I want for ChristmaAaaaAaahss" He sang smoothly as he unlocked the car, "IiiiiiIsss.." I sing and take in a deep breath, "Yoooouuu." I finish it in a high note and he laughs loudly as we climb in the car, "I can't believe I'm dating Mariah Carey." He pretends to be astonished as I fake blush, "And I'm dating thee Usher?!" I fake gasp and he chuckles as he starts the car and pulls off.

"Aight. First stop?" He asks and I pull out my phone before opening our messages, "Um.. Macy's to get Christmas decorations and a tree!" I smile and he nods his head, "You wanna big tree?" I nod my own excitedly, "Yes and it's gotta be silver, white, and blue! Our home is gonna be a winter wonderland!" I squeal and he smiles, "Our.. I like that." His voice softens as he leans back in his seat, one hand on the wheel as he peeked over at me.