52

My hands felt clammy and cold as I stared at the building in front of me. Inside held a piece of my past that I thought I'd never get back. My eyes look through the glass at my friends sitting in a booth, smiles on their faces as the talked and waited on me.

"You're already late.. now or never." I inwardly curse at myself and pull the doors open before stepping inside. I didn't even get half my body in before the room erupted with noice, "Is that my phat booty Lyn?! In the flesh?!" Tyler's voice was booming and I could feel my heart stop as all the eyes in the restaurant turned to me and my body. I give a meek smile and rush to my table, "Tyler!" I snap at watch as everyone snicker and giggle at each other.

The noise alone made my anger melt away as I watched Tasha scoot in for me, "Sit right here! I missed you most!" I happily sit beside her and enjoy her warm arms around me,"My poor baby ain't talk to me in forever 'n a half!!" She wailed and I hug her back tightly, "I'm sorryyy!! I'm back now tho!" I wail back and giggle as she wiggles me gently. "Yes and you ain't goin nowhere!" Sierra pipes up and points a finger at me, "You done missed so much and now we gotta catch you up on everything!" She leans in closer and my eyes widened, "What did I miss?!" I gasp softly and the three share a "She not ready for this" look

"Did somebody die?" My eyes widen and Tyler scoffs, "I wish!" His arms cross tight over his chest, "Well my tea is that I was in a relationship with this girl and I thought we were gonna be cool for life until she cheated on my with my BOSS, Jocelyn!" I gasp as everyone at the table hums disapprovingly and shakes their heads. "Mhm so we stole her dog for a week and put it's shit on her car everyday.. That ain't enough tho." I looked around surprised at everyone and lean forward, "Y'all are insane! How did y'all not get in trouble?!" Sierra laughed, "What she gone do? Cry?.. Plus she knew she was in the wrong so it is what it is." They all snicker together and I couldn't help my own at their genius minds.

"Alright my turn!" Sierra clears her throat before leaning in, "I officially graduated with my masters in education so say Hello to Ms.Williams, the cutest principle to ever exist!" She points to herself and we all clap, "Omg! Congrats!" I cheer and watch her proudly smile, "I'm going to be a principle in PA so I'm only a drive away from New York!" She reaches across the table and grabs my hand, squeezing, "That means you can't escape me!" I laugh and squeeze her hand back, "No, sis. You can't escape me!" Tyler slaps his hand on ours, "Um y'all def not escaping me!" Tasha grabs all of our hands, "Nah. We all stuck together forever." She gives me a pointed look and I return it before we all burst out in giggles.

"Alright my turn!" Tasha ends our moment and clasps her hands together, "I'm officially working at the NY hospital as a emergency dispatcher and currently got a raise for being best in my field for most calls and best tracking and communication." She proudly puffed her chest and I proudly clap for her, "I can't believe you left Chester County and upgraded like this! Amazing!!" I gasp and she nods her head, "It was never the same after you left.." The table fell quiet as they all look at me.

My mouth felt dry as my hands moved to my lap. I take a deep breath, "I-I quit because of my ex, Jason.." I start and they lean in closer, "Our relationship turned really bad and I eventually got away and moved in with a friend.. That situation went bad and I moved in with my new boyfriend." They we're all quiet for a second before Tasha spoke up, "Boo.. You went through all that and ain't tell us? You know we would have helped you.." Her hand came up to rest on my shoulder and it took everything in me to hold back my tears, "I-I thought it was too late s-since I cut y'all off a-a-and you hated me.." Tears had already began to stream down my face. I felt terrible for what I put them through and yet they were so kind as Sierra said it was okay and Tyler wiped my tears.