74

My fork aggressively stabbed my salad as my mind reeled over all the details Tasha was listing out for me. I could barely grasp it all as she counted all her points on her fingers, "And then you need to match all your decorations by theme. You can't give cowboy and ballroom in the same room. That don't even make sense." She gave me a duh expression as she then started talking about how my location should match my theme too.

"Wait wait wait." I hold up my hands as I let my eyes close, taking in a deep breath. I could hear the confusion in her voice, "Wait what? Was the blue too oceanic?" I shake my head, looking at her cross out something in her journal,"I already chose a soft green but-" she let out a soft oooh and wrote it on the next line, "I need you to slow down and pause so I can tell you what I want." I spoke slowly as she nodded her head with every word I said.

"Okay.. My mouth is closed. My pen is ready." She leaned back in her chair, her shoulders relaxing as she waiting for me to speak.

I give her a thankful smile, "I just wanted something that gave fairy or something magical that's also natural themed.. I have some photos." I take out the pictures we snatched from our last wedding consultant, "I want flowers and pretty plants everywhere. I want it to be like an enchanted forest. It should literally be Mag-i-cal." I broke it down for her as she looked at the pictures, humming softly as her eyes squinted.

"It's givin.. Princess Tiana." She spoke up after a second, "Like I love what you got goin on and it's doable wit your fiancé's credit card for sure." Smirks grew on both of our lips, "Speaking of his credit card.. lunch is on me." I giggle maniacally as I pull it out my purse, flashing it under the cafe lights as she joins in.

I know we had to look insane to everybody else in the cafe. Two women with a table of papers giggling evilly as we held up a black card.

"Ooh! I love when you're bad!" She looked like the grinch as she picked up the desert menu, "Lemme get sumn sweet since we already here.." I nod my head in agreement as I do the same, "I need to add some pounds to my hips.. Have you seen the African girlies on their wedding days?" I give her wide eyes over my menu and she quickly nods her head, "I need a detailed description on what they eat cause it's all hip and butt.. and then they be snatched in their dresses too." We give each other a knowing look before nodding our heads slowly.

"So we meetin up at an African restaurant next time.. that's all you had to say." I give her a pointed look and she puts down her menu, "We could shop hop right now.." she matches my look and we sit in silence, contemplating if our stomachs can hold anymore.

"I don't care if I explode. It's worth I-" my phone buzzed loudly in my purse, making me pause and smile as Dion's contact popped up. I answer it immediately, "Hey, baby!" I couldn't help my cheeks warming as Tasha wiggles her eyebrows and went back to her menu.

"Hey, baby. I'm leaving the office right now.. You want me to come scoop you?" His voice made a smile grow on my face, "Yes! And can we order African for dinner?" I ignore Tasha's plea to come with me as Dion hums in approval, "Mhm. Anything you want." My smile almost ripped my face in half, "Thank you!" He laughs softly at my excitement, "Just be ready in five minutes, okay? Five minutes!" He repeats it and I looked to Tasha who was telling the waiter her sweet order.

"Mhm.. Five.. minutes.." I hesitantly respond and listen to his sigh, "Y'all forget what a watch is.. If I gotta come in there, Jocelyn.." His tone switch made my tummy flip and I quickly nodded my head, as if he can see, "Mhm. I'll be ready I promise." He gives me a small kiss before hanging up.

"Tasha.. We got five minutes so I need you to eat quick!" I shove my phone in my purse and watch her give me a bored look, "You the one who be gettin punished.. not me." She shrugs her shoulders and I fought to ignore my blush as I rolled my eyes, "Then I guess I'm not bringing you left over dinner tomorrow.. You never gettin a phat ass now." Her eyes narrow as she leans in, "Imma tell Dion to double it." I hesitated, looking at her so serious face.