77

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP..

The sound of my alarm rang right next to me, awakening from my sleep once again. I hated it every time but couldn't stay mad as I looked down to Jocelyn curled up in our blankets. She had the habit of snatching all the covers and tucking herself into my side every night. She would complain it's cold when we got in bed, then get too hot cause of my body heat, and then settle in the position we are in now.

I cant even complain since I always put the air conditioning on high before we go to bed. Im lucky she hasn't noticed yet either.

My alarm beeping again made me quickly click it off, careful to not wake up Lyn. The only way to wake her in a good mood was with my voice or some cartoons. Other than that, it's hell until 12pm.

My hand gently fixed her bonnet as I called her name, "Baby.. C'mon.. we gotta get up." Her nose scrunched as her eyes squinted open, looking to me. She grunted softly before sleepily looking around and then rolling over, away from my hands as she grumbled more.

"Lyn.. Baby.." I gently reached for her blankets and began peeling them away, listening to her whine loudly, "Noooooo!" I couldn't help my laugh as my hands moved around her waist, bringing her body back to mine.

"I'm tired! I was up late!" She made up excuses as her cheek laid right on my chest, getting her set up to fall back asleep. I grab her chin and make her look to me, "You were sleep before me, Lyn." She pouted as she shook her head, "Nuh uh! And I had to deal with the baby!" She bit my thumb gently as I laughed, "That baby ain't doin nun yet.. He's barely a bump." I moved her into my lap, much to her approval as she sighed and wrapped her arms around me, "I don't care.. I wanna sleep." I let her head fall back on my chest as I sat up.

"Noooo!" She already knew what was coming as I got out of bed, holding her to me as I walked us to the bathroom, "You put me on that counter and I'll scream." She sent me a glare as she looked over her shoulder. I stopped right in front of the counter, "You always screamin. Go ahead and do it again." I laugh softly and watch her pout in the mirror.

My hands played with her thighs gently as I held her still, enjoying her closeness as she continued to whine and explain how her going back to bed is the most important thing in the world. I barely payed it any mind, it was basically routine at this point. I just swayed us gently as she swung her feet and kept on goin.

"-and what if it was life or death? Like I had to sleep right now or the world would explode but I couldn't like tell you but had to convince you?" She looked up at me as I laughed softly, "Then technically you just told me.. and we still here.. so it's not true." I reason and move my hands to her ass, ignoring her little pout as she watched me in the mirror, "Fine.. if I can't sleep then let my booty go." Her hands moved to smack mines, making me place her down gently.

"Technically." She mocked my voice as she turned around and grabbed her toothbrush, finally caving in and getting ready for today. I spanked her ass gently, earning a glare, "Watch it." I warn her and fought to keep my face stern as she silently mocked me again. I pretended not to see as I brushed my teeth with her.

"You're always makin' me do stuff I didn't ask to do and making me listen." She started complaining as she finished and I once again, entertained it as I looked to her, "Oh? Eely? (Really)" I kept brushing as she nodded her head and leaned over the sink, watching me in the mirror, "Uh huh. I think I should start bossing you around instead." I raise a brow as she nods her head, agreeing with her own nonsense.

"I'll decide when we get up, when you go to work, what you eat, what you wear.. everything." She counted off on her fingers and I rolled my eyes as I rinsed my mouth before spitting, "You basically already do.. I just made you get up today." I give her a look and watch her guiltily look away, "Nuh uh." She childishly pouted as I stood behind her, flexing in the mirror, "Yeah huh." I mock her and watch her flip me off.

"You pick my clothes before work, choose dinner cause you're a picky eater, and I go in only four times a week max because you hate having off when I work." I watch as she holds back a smile and pretends to examine her nails, "I don't remember any of that.. pretty sure you're lying." She fake pouts, making me roll my eyes as I lean over her and kiss her forehead, "Sure, baby." I let her off easy as I make my way out.

I could hear her little steps behind me before she hopped up on my back, my hands instantly holding her up as I walked to the kitchen, "Oh! So now you got energy?" I smirk as she nods her head, "Yeah 'cause I want waffles again and I got whip cream so we can do like little faces on them!" She pointed to the fridge and I followed her direction before opening the fridge, pulling out ingredients.

"So if we make waffles, you promise to stay in a good mood all day?" I question and listened to her hum softly, "What would even ruin my mood?" She laughed softly and I could feel my nerves return once again.

"Uh.. well.. I have some news.." I chose my words carefully as I set her down on the counter, suddenly wanting her hands away from my throat.

I pretended not to feel her eyes on me as I started pouring the waffle batter into a bowl. "What's the news?" She hopped off the counter and stood next to me before taking the bowl and stirring it for me, "Baby, get the milk and vanilla." She motioned to the fridge and I did as told quickly, trying hard to get my nerves together.

"Someone called me last night.. You know.. And she's coming over in about an hour." I continue to explain, keeping my voice as casual as possible. I could hear her spoon stop, "She?" Her tone had dropped and I knew I instantly struck a nerve. I busied myself with adding the milk and vanilla, ignoring her eyes drilling onto my face as she waited for my answer. I couldn't help myself as I peeked over to her and saw the crazy in her eyes flash. I turned away and began toying with the coffee maker as I nodded my head, "Yeah.. Uh.. My mom." I could hear the kitchen drawer open and slam shut behind me.

"She told me last night she wante-" A hard smack landed right on my shoulder, making me wince and look over to Jocelyn who's eyes were filled with anger and panic. The wooden spoon in her hand was already coming back down to smack at my arms. I kept backing up to dodge her hits but she just followed, "You tell me just now that your MOTHER is coming this morning! It didn't occur to you ONCE that I should know immediately?!" She was relentless with her quick smacks against me as she berated me.

"I wanted to but it was late! A-And you was sleep, Lyn!" I quickly grabbed her wrists and watched her acrylics scratch as my hands, "You shoulda woke me up, Dion! Now I have to look good and get this place toget-" Her face was filled with horror as she dropped the spoon, "In under an hour?!" She was out of my hands within seconds as she rushed to our bedroom, "I'm getting ready! Go finish breakfast!" I didn't even have time to respond before she slammed the door.

Part of me wanted to complain but hearing her actually curse and run around our bedroom made me stop.

My eyes moved to the clock, "Forty minutes.. more like twenty.." I calculated in my mind how I knew my mother never came at the time she says. I made myself busy with breakfast, preparing for the event that this morning was to bring.

I'm about to get jumped by two women and I ain't even do nothin' that bad..

______________________

AUTHORS NOTE

Dion mama comin over omgggg 😭 Also I feel like I shoulda made Jocelyn whoop his ass more but my Babygirl needed to be ready ❤️

On another note,

I'm updating ALL my books!
Rn it's Urban Divinity and Angel Dust!

So check it out when y'all get the chance :))