42

My thumb scrolled through my phone as I went through my online files. Luckily, I had saved the flash drive onto my own accounts so I still had the information. My eyes read through the documents,

Artillery/2019_2018/
•Estate/2017_2020/
•Citizenship/2016_2019/
•Clientele/2015_2020/

Each section had the history of my clientele, my fake names, my safe houses, and even where I stored my weapons and my dealers. I could never be too safe and I could never compromise myself.

My eyes move to Jocelyn who watched a funny video in her phone, her eyes sparkling as she laughed loudly.

Not when I had someone to live for.

"What's funny?" I smile as she turns her phone to me, a crackhead dancing on her screen as people recorded. I could barely contain my own laugh as I watched the crazy man move and flip on the screen, "Ayo how did you find that?" I chuckle and she turns to me fully, "My friend recorded it this afternoon. She's the one throwing pennies in his cup." I hit my lip to hold back my laugh as I pushed the phone away, "Yeo she wildin for that.. Shawty crazy." I shake my head and watch her nod her own in agreement before texting her friend back.

I couldn't help the pride that made my chest swell as I watched my baby text her new friend. Her progress has been so amazing these couple of months that she barely looks how she did before. The dark circles under her eyes are gone and her lips are plump and smooth. Even her nails grew out and I promised to take her to a salon because she got excited over a set she saw on the insta she made for the first time. Even though she won't post on it. Claiming that nobody will like it and she doesn't have friends to comment on it.

"As if I would blow her jawn up wit love."

Her loud laugh cut off my thoughts again as she typed on her phone quickly. I move my head on her shoulder and pout, "Damn I wanna laugh that hard too." She smiles and tilts her phone to me, making a satisfied grin cover my lips.

Cheeto🥕: AYO THIS NIGGA WILDIN!!
Me: How??? Send another videooo!!
Cheeto🥕: I told dat nigga if he did a back flip I'll give him a twenty and that mf really did it. Smh lost a 20 doe..
Me: Smh I'll make it up with lunch tomorrow??

Cheeto🥕 is typing...

"Why the hell her name Cheeto and her emoji a carrot?" I raise a brow and watch her burst in a fit of giggles, "Because there isn't any Cheeto emoji and carrots are crunchy and orange." She says in a duh tone and I bite my tongue from even responding to that nonsense.

"Aight, baby." She sent me a lil glare, "When they make a Cheeto emoji, then I'll change it." Her cute lips drop to a pout and I can't help as I lean down and press a kiss to them, "Whatever makes you happy."

Jocelyn POV:

I shyly hid my face in Dion's chest as he chuckled softly, "I kissed you a million times and you stay blushin'." I nod my head slowly, "Because it's a lot for me." I mumble and squeal as I feel him attack my face with a million more kisses, each one tickling my skin. I press my hands against his chest, "Okay okay okay!" I push him away as I catch my breath, "Stoooop." I whine and watch him chuckles as he pulls away, "Only because you asked nicely." He teases and I narrow my eyes, "Hush." My cheeks puff and I watch him lean in for another kiss. My hands come up to hold his face, "Okaaay I'm done." I could feel my cheeks heat up just from his lips being close. His beautiful smile made my heart quicken as he pulled back, "Thats what I thought." I giggle softly and lay back on the bed, my eyes carefully watching him just in case.

My phone beeps beside me, making me blindly reach for it as my eyes watch him, earning a smirk on his lips, "You nervous?.. Scared?.." He teases and I nod my head, admitting proudly, "Yes I am! And I'm gonna need you to keep all those kisses over there because I gotta text my friend back." I pout and point in the other direction. He laughs, "I see I'm not wanted here.. So I'll just leave.." he peels back the blanket and I pout, "To go where?" He smiles, "Neverland." He sarcastically replies before planting another kiss on my forehead and getting out of bed.

I groan loudly, "How am I gonna keep my feet warm?" He smirks and reaches down before tickling my feet and toes through the blanket, "Like this!" I squeal and pull my feet up to tuck into me. He chuckles, "Now imma use the bathroom and get water.. You want some?" I nod my head as I fight the smile that's already spread on my lips from laughing. He sent me a small smile before walking out the room.

My eyes fall back on my phone as it beeps again. I pick it up,

Cheeto 🥕: Bet. I'll pick you up tomorrow @ 2??

I smile as my fingers type quickly,

Me: Yes please!! And I know a place that's really close!
Cheeto🥕 is typing..

I look up as Dion walks back in the room, our waters in his hand. I crawl across the bed and reach for mines but he pulls it away, "What do you say?" I give him a smile as I reach for it again, "Thank you, Daddy." He smiles and presses a kiss against my forehead, "Good girl. Don't spill it on the bed." I nod my head and take my place among the pillows once again.

My phone went off again making me pick it up as I take a sip,

Cheeto 🥕: Make sure your millionaire boyfriend pays for it. Make his pockets hurt!!!

I laugh loudly as I look to Dion who calmly sat back in bed,

Me: I don't wanna spend his money!! I'll look greedy!!

I still can't get over the fact that I made him buy the bear. Yeah he joked about the price but to me that was so much.. My eyes lock onto the bear who sat neatly in a chair. I'll snuggle him when it's bedtime.

Cheeto🥕: Shoooot you better than me shorty. Grab that nigga card and stop playin. Smh.
Me: Fine I'll try but no promises!
Cheeto🥕: Bet.

My eyes slowly looked up to Dion as he swiped on his phone. His eyes reading through tweets as soft chuckles left his lips. I bite my lip as I nervously think of a way to ask.

"Can I have your card?" No that's too basic and bold..
"Is it okay for me to use your card tomorrow?" Nah that's just not me.
"I'm greedy and I want money." It's the truth but too harsh..

My lips drop to a pout as I look down at my hands, my mind finally deciding on its approach. "Dadddyyyy.." I whine sadly and watch his eyes move to me, worry on his face, "What's wrong, boo?" He moved his phone to his chest as his hand gently nudged my face up to look at him.

My heart fluttered like a billion butterflies, "I-I wanna take my friend out to lunch tomorrow.. is that okay?" Relief flooded his features, "You had me worried.. Of course it's okay. What time?" I fought off the smile that threatened to lift my lips as my puppy eyes turned on, "I can?.. She wants to meet at two.." I hold up two fingers and watch him nod his head, "Mhm.. Take my card so y'all can go where you want or you need an Uber." He lets my chin go and turns to his dresser.

I punch the air and scream silently in excitement before stopping and going back to my puppy eyes as he turned back around, "Here. Be safe and enjoy yourself." My eyes widen as it lands on the black card he calmly held between his fingers. I grab it carefully and hold it in my hands, "Woah.. Thank youuuuu!" I squeal as my arms wrap around his neck tightly. He laughs as his hands wrap around my waist, "Of course, baby.. That's what I'm here for." I attack him with kisses just as he done me and feel his cheeks warm. I pull away and giggle as he looks into my eyes, "I really love you," His voice dropped to a whisper as his hand came up to gently hold my cheek.

My hand rested on his as I hold his eye contact, "I love you too."