66

"Yes, babe.. I know.. Did you look in the box?.." My eyes rolled as I listened to Dion complain about the crib he was struggling to build. He cursed as the sound of something snapping filled my ears, "The instructions says a goes into b but I can't find b and now I just found a bar that says c.. but I don't see c on the damn thing!" His voice raised as I listened to a loud bang on the other side. My eyes widened, "I told you to just wait until I get back! Why stress yourself?" I hold the phone against my cheek with my shoulder as I sanitized my office from my last patient.

He sighed loudly, "Because you're pregnant and it's my job to built shit! I'm the dad! I gotta be able to build shit like a deck or sumn." He mumbles angrily and I laugh, "One, you are not Bob the builder. Two, You built the tv stand and that's good enough." Knocking sounded on my door, making me hurriedly finish wiping down my office bench.

"One moment!" I call out and throw away the trash, "Baby, imma call you when I'm in the car. My patient is early.. Bye Bye." I rush and listen to Dion groan, "If they're early then they can wait. This is important. Where the fuck our child finna sleep, bae? " I roll my eyes, "We got nine months to worry about that.. Right now, my patients come first.. Ill see you later." I blow him kisses through the phone and listen to him grumble about stupid sick kids, "Maybe those kids needs to sit the fuck down somewhere so they don't get sick. Boom. Problem solved." He grumbles and blows me a kiss back, "I'll tell them that. Byeeeee." I hang up quickly and laugh.

Knocking sounds again and this time I quickly answer the door, swinging it open to see Tasha, smiling ear to ear.

I raise a brow, "Yes?" She doesn't even respond as she makes her way in the room and sits down in my chair. I cross my arms, "Everything good?" I ask again and she looks at me, this time her smile falling, "Actually. Now that you mention it, everything is horrible." My eyes widen at her switch up as she raises her hand, "My best friend suddenly has way less hours, she's cranky and mean to me," She starts counting on her fingers as she eyes me angrily, "And won't even answer the phone when I call." I guiltily look to the side, "Well I have a good excuse.. this time." She crosses her arms as she leans back, "Oh really? What?" She looks down at my hands as I play with my fingers.

"I've been.. pregnant.. for about a little while now.." I speak slowly as her eyes begin to widen. They drop to my stomach and then back up to me, "There's a fetus in there? Like growing inside u? Stealing your nutrients and shit?" I laugh as I nod my head, making her gasp loudly. "And you just now telling me?!" Her voice raised and I quickly shushed her as I locked the door.

"Because I just told Dion on Christmas! He had to know first!" I explain and she eyes me before sighing softy, "Fine.. and did he surprise you too?" Her brow raises as her eyes drop to my hand. I frown as my heart sinks a little, "No.. I was hoping for a ring on Christmas.. but I suppose I'll wait longer.." Her eyes widen as she gets up, "You don't have a ring?! After all this time?!" She yells and I quickly throw my hands over her mouth, "Stop!! No yelling before we get in trouble!!" I whisper shout and she pulls my hands off.

"You let that man nut in you but your finger bare?? You tryna be just a baby mama?" She looks at me like I'm crazy and I quickly shake my head, "No! I just don't wanna be too pushy.. I want a ring still, of course, but I won't force him into marriage.." I try to reason but her face remained scrunched up with anger.

"You better grip him up by his shirt and demand a ring. I mean, grab him by the curls on top of his head if you have to." She grips up my shirt and I laugh weakly as I subtly pry her hand off, "He doesn't have curls to grip and he too scared to let me touch his waves.. Imma have to grip him by the ear or sumn.." She eyes me for a second before nodding her head, "Fine.. As long as he get gripped up." I laugh softly and hear a knock on my office door.