70

"Alrighty, Miss Davis." The wedding coordinator closed her binder with a soft slap as her dazzling smile almost blinded me, "Now that we have an idea of what kind of wedding your looking forward to, we can get into the finer details.. and budget." She gave Dion a knowing look as he sat beside me with wide stressed filled eyes.

"What's the finer details?" He looked at the decoration photos and color schemes littered across the table as his hand moved to my thigh, he squeezed it gently.

"Well, We still need to figure out your color scheme, table decorations, time, location, events, schedule, whether u have any traditions, the cake, the dress.." She continues to list options as she counted on her fingers before Dion put his hand up, "Aight.. Let's start wit a lil this session.. My brain already hurt." He mumbled the end and I couldn't help my giggle.

"I love the traditional white but I'm big on the natural and floral aesthetic.. So I think White, A soft green, and gold." I pick three colors from the pile and line them up side by side. Dion nods his head in approval, "Yeah.. You look so good in green." I couldn't help the warmth in my cheeks as the our coordinator, Ms.Bates, laughed.

"How about a stage filled with flowers? The guest have an amazing view and we can get white roses to match the soft pastel green you chose." She pushes a picture of a clear glass stage full of pink roses towards us and I gasp softly,"That's literally amazing!" I look to Dion who had a soft smile on his face, "Think we can add some gold touches inside?" He looks to her as she nods, "Absolutely. And later in the night it can be used for your first dance or the live music, which I know you said is mandatory." She gives us another blinding smile as Dion nods his head, smiling a bit more in contentment.

His thumb gently rubbed my thigh as he scanned the table, "A live band, fresh food, a bar, and no kids." He listed his mandatory requirements and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yup! And my only mandatory is that it fits twenty people." I chime in and she laughs softly, "I can certainly give you a venue that can fit over two hundred.. you don't need to limit yourself." She pushes a large banquet hall towards me and I shake my head, "No.. I want my money spent on a beautiful memory with the people I love. Twenty is all I want." I grab a picture of a beautiful courtyard and garden, decked out in natural plants and fairy lights.

She nods her head slowly before putting away most of the pictures she had for venue options, which all looked overly expensive and over used. I could have sworn I'd seen celebrities get married at at-least three of the locations, "Well... I would describe your theme as very natural.. and fairy tale like." She smiles hard again, this time it didn't meet her eyes. I match it, "Yes.. I would want my special day to be magical.. and a core memory.. Right, babe?" I look to Dion who quickly nodded his head in agreement.

"Anything you want, my love." He presses a kiss to my temple before looking back at the table, he seemed a bit lost as he randomly picked up photos and set them back down. My eyes followed his fingers as Ms.Bates started droning on about why expensive can be better and to keep the other venues in mind. I did my best to keep up as my eyes looked at the messy table. I tried to copy Dion, picking up photos I liked and making a small pile to the side but even that was aggravating as she had a story for each photo and tried to push some into my pile.

Dion quickly caught on as my leg began bouncing. His hand moved around my shoulder as he tucked me into his side, "Wait." He snapped at Ms.Bates, making her eyes widen and her mouth still. I could feel their eyes on me as I tried to sit up straighter, "I know this is probably overwhelming.. Let's go through your pile and then mine. It'll make it more organized and Ms.Bates can start putting the things we don't want away." He pushed the extra photos away to make room for our piles before looking at our coordinator who quickly nodded her head.