5

Our heels clicked slowly on the dark cement as we made our way to the apartment building. My legs burned with every step but I pushed on. I had bigger things to worry about.

Alicia held her head as she leaned against me, her stomach now empty and her chest burning. "C'mon.. One more block." I pull her gently and she nods slowly, her pace quickening to match mine.

The familiar brick building made my heart race as I pictured my shower. Pristine. White. Clean.

Alicia pushes open the doors with a groan and I followed quickly inside, making sure it didn't touch me. 'Don't matter now.. Im already dirty..'  I sigh softly as we approach the old elevator, it's golden paint chipping and faded. Alicia presses the button as I count down, "Twenty nine.. Twenty eight.. Twenty seven.." The doors opened loudly as the metal clanged and the elevator shook slightly. I sigh and step inside, a frown on my lips as I continued counting, making Alicia groan, "Do it in your head.." I nod and shut my lips as I watch her click our floor.

19.. 18.. 17.. 16.. 15.. 14.. 13..

My heart raced as the doors slowly opened and I quickly stepped out, almost dropping Alicia and making her yell. "I'm sorry.." I mumble softly and flinch as she grabs my dress to steady herself. She frowns deeply and looks at me, her eyes dark but revealing nothing. She shakes her head, "It's fine.. Just go and open the door." I nod my head and make my way to the door with the keys. Alicia grips the walls for support as she makes her way towards me.

The scent of fresh cotton only calms me slightly as I swing open the door. I look to Alicia and hold it open for her to step inside, "I'm going to bed.. fuck it." She sighs and makes her way to her room. I nod my head, "Okay.." Her figure disappears into her room and I sigh softly.

I turn to the door and lock it for the night.

I twist the lock 3 times, the soft clicking soothing me slightly, before pulling the door knob. I twist it six times before pulling the chain into place and holding it for a 10 seconds.

Weight lifts off my boulders as I let them droop for the first time today. My head sags for a moment before the burning of my skin reminds me to get in the shower. I quickly make my way to the bathroom and wash my hands, the hot water soothing me as I scrub my hands with soap. I turn to the little clock on the sink and press it on before stripping my clothes and turning on the water. I look at the white wall before turning to the shower and stepping inside.

Heat slowly trickled down my burning skin, washing away all the dirt and impurities I encountered in the night. I sigh softly and grab my towel before grabbing my favorite soap, "Jasmine." The bolded sparkling label made my lips lift in a smile as I began to rub my body down, scrubbing hard at where his hands touched.

My scrubbing turned harder.

My face scrunched up as I added more pressure, making sure to get all the germs off. It seemed useless as I kept trying harder and harder, the tingling stayed. Taunting me. Teasing me.

I scrubbed harder.

Harder.

Harder.

Ringing split the silence and made me jump. I hang up my towel and turn the water off. I look down at my hands and sigh at my burning pruned fingers, "Too long." I sigh softly and grab my towel from its hook.

My feet happily pressed into the soft white mat as I took my time to dry off. I grab the coconut oil off my dresser and moisturize my red tinted skin, making my lips drop to a deep frown. I look at my timer, "10 mins." Bolded red across its screen. I shake my head and click its buttons until it turned to 7.

My head felt light as I made my way into my bedroom. The white sheets looked fluffy and inviting. I almost crawled into bed until I saw my clothes on the floor. I shake my head and look to the box of latex gloves on my night stand. I grab one and put it on before grabbing the pile and shoving it into my hamper.

My eyes linger on the sweatshirt. I trace the design slowly before turning away.

I take off my gloves and throw them in the trash can.

Clean.

I sigh softly in contentment before making my way back to my dresser to find my night gown. I pull out my soft silk dress that made me feel pretty. "You didn't earn it." I snap at myself and shove it back in angrily before grabbing a big black T-shirt.

I slip it on quickly before letting the towel drop.

The doorbell jingled softy, making me look towards my clock.

2 am.

I frown before making my way towards the kitchen, grabbing a knife from the rack before heading towards the door. I look out the peep hole and gasp silently at the man behind it.I unlock the top lock twice before sliding the chain two times and then swinging the door open, "Hello?" His dark brown eyes lock into mine, the panic from before fading into a calmness that soothed me. "I was worried bout you." He mumbles softy, his voice deep and scratchy due to the time.

I look at my feet, "I'm okay.." He hums softly before stepping closer, "Dont look like it." His eyes land on the bruise that darkened my wrist. I tuck the hand behind my back, "Just some stuff happened at the club.. I'm okay now." I couldn't bring my eyes to look at his face but I could feel the anger radiating off of him.

"Who hurt you?" His voice was clipped, making me take a small step back, "Nobody.." The word leaves my lips quickly. My own voice was soft and unsure as we stood in a heavy silence.

"Look at me." My eyes snap to his. I could tell he was pissed but he did his best to cover it. His hands donated in his pant pockets as he eyed me hard, "I want you to tell me.. Doesn't have to be tonight.. but soon." I nod my head quickly as I struggle to keep my eyes on him.

"Good.." He mumbled softly, his eyes dropping to my wrist before looking back into my eyes.

We stand there for a moment, unmoving and silent as we eyed each other.

"Good night." He finally breaks the silence as he takes a step back. I nod my head, "Night.."

The door closes with a soft click.