16

My feet ached as I stepped off the apartment elevator. Every bone in my body screamed for me to finally lay down in my bed but I knew that wasn't an option as we stopped at Dion's door. He unlocked it quickly and let me slip in, "Towels are in the closet if you wanna shower.. I know how you are wit germs." My lips lift to a smile as I nod my head, "Okay." I bent over and slowly took off my heels, being careful of my sore feet.

"Dion." We both freeze at the familiar voice coming from down the hall. I run towards the bedroom and close the door as Dion begins to close the front door. "Wait!" She yells and I peek through the bedroom door as I watch her walk into his apartment, straight past him.

"What are you doin?!" He angrily eyes her and she snaps her head to him, "What did you do with her?" She stomps her way up to him, "You probably sold her! O-Or kidnapped her! O-" He cut her off with a hand and grimaced as she stepped closer, sizing him up, "I don't know what the fuck you are talking about but you need to get the hell out." He pointed to the door and she froze for a second.

Her head whipped around as she continued looking, "Jocelyn ran away and I just want to find her." Her voice sounded desperate as she stepped back from him. My heart hurt as I looked at Alicia.

She was a mess.

She wore pajamas and a robe as she looked around his living room and kitchen. Dark bags sat under her eyes and her hands were frantic as she started going through his cabinets. He grabbed her hands and held her still, making her fight in his grip, "Let me go! Let me go!" She yelled but his grip was too strong, making her shoulders sag as her head began to hang.

"She's a grown woman with a good head on her shoulders. I'm sure she's fine." His voice was hard but held sympathy for her state, "Why are you so worried about her?" Alicia looked up at him, "She has severe anxiety and It's getting worse.. She won't survive.. She can barely even talk." His eyes widen slightly and my hand comes up to grip my shirt.

"She's been in therapy and missed her last appointment.. She's probably sobbing in a drain somewhere or she was kidnapped by someone!" She began to sob as she tried to break her hands free again, "She can't survive without me!" Her hands began to beat at his chest but it was useless as he hugged her tightly, his arms holding hers down at her sides.

She cried loudly, letting her body drop against his as she wailed. "Why does she need you? Depend on you?" He spoke softy and she lifted her head slowly to look him in the eyes, "She was abused.. by her last boyfriend and I saved her. She looked up to me and needed me.. she still does.." She rested her hands on his chest, "She was scared of men and could barely look anyone in the eyes.. He destroyed her... made her dependent on him." His eyes snapped to the bedroom door and I didn't realize I was crying until I felt how wet my shirt had become.

I wipe my chin but it was useless as the tears kept flowing and flowing. "He kept her innocent and convinced her that she didn't need to grow up because she had him.. She could stay carefree and happy forever.. but then when she would disobey him he would punish her horribly.. She has scars on her legs and back.. He would scratch and whip her repeatedly.." Dion hugged her tighter as she began to sob again, "A-And I didn't know for so long! Years, Dion! It wasn't until I saw blood on her shirt and made her show me that I was able to help her but it was too late.. she was just a .. a-a husk." I look down at my hands.

Even now as I tried my hardest, I felt like I wasn't truly myself. That I didn't deserve the right to breath, eat, and love. My hands clenched tightly but I felt nothing as I looked back at Ally who was crying in his arms. He rubbed her back slowly as he looked at me, "It's okay." He spoke sorry but to the both of us.

Time passed by slowly before her sobs turned to sniffles, "I'm sorry.." she mumbled as she stepped back, "C-Can I check the bedroom?.. Just for a second?" She looked towards the door and I duck away just in time. I run to the window and open it before stepping onto the fire escape.

I listened closely as the bedroom door opened slowly, "Jocelyn?" She called softly, her voice scratch and weak. Every bone in my body wanted to hug her but I knew better. She needed to learn just like me. We both need to heal.

"She's not here.. I'm sorry.." She sighed softly as I peeled inside the room through a crack in the curtain. She turned back around slowly and walked out the room. Her arms wrapped around Dion before she pressed a gently kiss to his cheek, "Thank you.. I see why she liked you so much.." She chuckles dryly before walking out the open door.

My chest felt like it was going to cave in as I watched him close the front door. I climb back in and look to Dion who seemed lost himself. His eyes snapped to mine and I quickly look down at my feet, shrinking way until my back pressed against the wall.

"Come here." I look up and see his arms open for me. I didn't need to be told twice as I ran into his chest, my arms clinging to him tightly. His arms felt warm and secure around me as his chest rested on my head.

I didn't realize I was sobbing until he began to rock us slowly, "I know it hurts.. but you're doing what's best for you.." He pressed a kiss to my head, "She needs to learn too.." I nod my head slowly and let myself melt into his embrace.

It's been so long since I've felt safe. Even wrapped around my own sheets I felt as if my world would collapse again and I'd be right back into my ex's arms. Dion lifted me gently, wrapping my legs around his waist as he began to walk into the bathroom, "You had a long day.. So we gone eat and sleep." A small giggle left my lips as I nodded my head in agreement, "We had a long day for sure.. It's been crazy." He hums in agreement as he set me on the sink.

"We can talk about everything tomorrow." He gives me a look before turning to start the shower. I swing my legs nervously as I played with my fingers, "O-Or just cuddle.." I mumble and he turns back to me, "Both." His lips lift to a small smile as he steps closer.

My hands rested on his chest, "I'm sorry.. for dragging you into this.." I mumble and he moves his hands to my hips, "I don't care.. I told you I'm here for you.. no matter what." My eyes dropped down to his lips before looking back into his eyes.

He leaned in slowly, making my hands fist his shirt, "Promise?" My voice cracked as he paused, "I promise." His lips connected to mine in a gentle sweet kiss. My eyes fluttered shut as he pulled my body to the edge, deepening the kiss.

His teeth nipped at my lip, making me moan softly before his tongue dipped into my mouth, tasting me as his grip tightened on my hips. He groaned softly, making my body heat up as my hands wrapped around his neck.

He pulled away gently, breathing deeply as he eyed my lips. His smirk almost turned me into a puddle as he bit his lips, "So fucking sexy.." He mumbled as his hand came up to swipe my bottom lip. Heat pooled between my legs as I looked up into his eyes.

He leaned in again, this time pressing a gentle kiss against my lips, "Stop looking at me like that before I do somethin reckless." I couldn't help my smile as I giggled softy, "Okay.." I shyly look down and hold back my gasp at the large bulge in his pants. I close my thighs and press my face into his chest as between my legs began to throb.

He groaned softly and hugged my head into his chest, "You trouble." He mumbled, making us both laugh.

____________

Double update bc my stupid ass forgot to post 😭😭 I'm sorry babies!!