12

A loud sigh left my lips as my back leaned against the front door. Today had been so strange yet amazing at the same time. This time a dreamy sigh left my lips as I thought about Dion, "He likes me.. a lot." My hand slipped my heels off slowly, cautious of my poor aching feet, before walking into the kitchen, humming softly, a goofy grin on my lips.

"Jocelyn." I freeze and turn to Alicia, her hand stirring her tea slowly, "We need to talk." I look towards my bedroom door then back at her, "No we don't. You hurt me." I snap gently but she seemed unfazed, "You know I have some anger issues.. I'm working on it.." She frowns deeply, "Your not the only person who goes to a therapist.. I'm doing my best too." She snaps at the end before taking a sip of her tea.

"You made me bleed.. because I didn't want to obey you." I glare at the ground as I wrap my arms around myself, "A-And you want me to forgive you in less than a day?" I look to her as guilt fills her features, "No.. But we need to talk about your mental health. I had a talk with your therapist and she said Dion mi-" I hold up a hand to stop her, "Dion never did anything wrong.. you did." She puts down her mug before stepping closer.

I take a step back.

Her eyes narrow for a second before snapping back to looking calm, "I'm trying to look out for you and you're too worried about some man instead of me or your mental health, Lyn." She sighs before running a hand down her face, "You talked to him twice and magically you have confidence enough to be a receptionist and go on dates? He's manipulating you." She takes another step closer but I step towards my room, "He's treated me very nicely and you haven't.. all you do is control me.. not help me." Her face turns to rage as she slams her mug on the ground, "Shut up and just listen! I'm trying to help you and all you do is worry about that stupid boy!" She yells as she throws up her hands, "What has he done for you?! Has it helped you more than me?! No!" I cover my ears before running in my room.

Her footsteps were quick behind me but I closed my door just in time. My body jumped as she began kicking the door over and over, "We are not done! I've had enough with your shit, Jocelyn!" She stopped banging, "I-I'm just trying to make sure that you're okay and that you stay happy but you make it so hard when you don't listen!" I could feel her lean against the door, "I just want to protect you.. But I can't if you don't let me.." Her body slid down the door until she was sitting on the floor.

"I know you want to protect me but you can't do that by hurting me.. and shielding me from everything.. I have to learn again.." I slowly turn towards the door, "And I can't learn without getting hurt.. a-and I'm okay with that." I press my ear against the door and listen to her soft sigh.

"You've been through so much.. including dealing with me.. I just want to give you what you deserve.. happiness.." She shuffles one the other side, a soft sniffle making my chest hurt. "Maybe we need to give each other space.. just for a bit?.." I look at the door and listen but only get silence in return.

"No.. You can't be alone.. You're not safe without me." I could hear the anger in her voice raising once again. I sigh, "I can prov-" "No." she cut me off sharply, making me reach up and silently lock the door.

"You're getting angry again." I spoke softly but I knew there was little to do to calm her down. "Then don't get me mad and just listen to me." She stood up again and the door handle jiggled, "Let me in.. I want to talk face to face." She tried the door handle again but the door remained locked.

"Jocelyn." Her voice was slowly raising but I was already walking towards my closet, packing a bag for the week. I knew she could hear me opening drawers as the door knob began to jiggle faster, "You're not leaving.. Jocelyn!" The door shook against its hinges as she kicked it hard. I gasp and quickly cover my mouth before rushing towards the bathroom and grabbing my essentials before rushing to throw them in my duffle bag.