1: Basketball club

Chapter 1:

Basketball club

"Oh, Sora-chan! Nice meeting you."

"Nice to meet you too Yuik-san. How were the holidays?"

"I wanted to tell you about that!"

"Sora-chan! Hurry up!" said Akira impatiently.

"Coming!"

The holidays had finally ended. The school building had transformed from something akin to a ghost house to a fish market. Akira jostled her way through the crowd dragging Sora with her.

"Oi. You know they called us early.... We're probably late."

"Nakatani-san! Akari-san! Hello!"

"Are you even listening?" grumbled Akira.

"Yeah. Yeah. Chiaki-san! Howdy!"

"Sora-chan! Focus! I'm talking here....."

***********

Chihaya was waiting for them at the court.

"Yo!"

"Hello, Chihaya-senpai!" said Sora brightly.

"See, no one's here except senpai." said Akira. "They probably left after meeting. If only you didn't greet every other person on the corridor...."

Chihaya laughed. "You two are the first here, kouhai." Sora stuck out her tongue slightly at Akira.

"So, what's up senpai?" said Akira ignoring Sora.

"Ah, the usual. We're starting canvassing."

"Canvassing?" said Sora.

"Yup. We do that for the club every year. We couldn't do it last year though. What with coach missing and all.... Long story.  Anyways, we're doing it now. Can't wait to meet the firsties and the transfers. There might be one or two gems...."

"Nae...senpai. Speaking of coach, didn't she make you the captain? Satsuki-san told me. Congrats!" said Sora.

"Wow. I thought she hated you. But anyways this is a good thing." said Akira grinning. "Way to go, senpai!"

"Trust me." said Chihaya gravely. "I have no idea what the she-devil's been drinking these past two months.... But anyways, I'll try to build the sandcastles in air which she wants me to." 

"You'll do fine, senpai!" said Sora. "Let's go canvassing now!"

Just then Eru turned up. "Oh. Good to see you lot. Got the banners. Let's go!"