7: Decisions

Chapter 7:

Decisions

Kise had been watching the basketball club play a short while before. It looked quite a bit interesting. After all, basketball was something which required the player to be both physically and mentally in top shape.

Right now he was in the changing rooms of the soccer club. It was evening already.

"Leaving already Kise?"

"Yes, senpai. I think I wanna go home now."

"Whatever. Not like you need the extra practice...."

"Senpai's too kind! Bye bye!"

"See you I guess."

That had been the soccer club's captain. Kise had been with the soccer club for a few months. It hadn't been that bad. The guys were really friendly and it was a good sport.

But he'd become tired of it. Like all those clubs before. Kise had become a sort of ace in soccer. It wasn't too tough once you learnt the basics. That and a few good hours of practice.

Kise slung his bag across his shoulder. Nanase was waiting for him outside.

"So soon, Ryouta-kun?"

"Well, what can I say? Captain let me off the hook."

"That's great! So we're going?"

"Eh..... I'm not sure.... I feel just a bit tired Nanasecchi."

"Mou! I told everyone too! Do we really need to cancel?"

"Well, if you want to so much..... I suppose I can manage!"

"Arigatou, Ryouta-kun! You're the best!"

"All for your smile, oujou-chan....."

( Note: Oujou means princess.)

Only the people who were involved in sports clubs were still in the school. Kise happened to pass the courts on his way out.

There was quite a lot of noise from within. People were running their lives out. Unlike soccer or any other sport, basketball seemed to require the player's entire concentration. But , they still seemed to be having a lot of fun.

A blue-haired guy was the loudest of the lot. He was charging left and right with the ball all the while taunting his opponents loudly. Kise laughed. Maybe, it wouldn't hurt to try after all.

Could he actually join the basketball club......