62: Awakening

Chapter 62:

Awakening

"An annoucement for the starting line-up." said Akashi. "I wish to discuss something with you regarding the upcoming matches. Please assemble in the AV room after practice. It won't take too long."

"If only the starters were here to listen, what he's saying would actually make sense...." someone sniggered. Akashi swallowed it without comment. It was really fraying his nerves but he'd only be giving them what they wanted if he showed any sort of reaction.

------------------------------------

Akashi was alone in the AV room. Well, this had been kind of expected. He was always the punctual one. But still even by their standards this was late. He looked at his watch and realized fifteen minutes had gone by. This was worth investigating afterall.

------------------------------------

"I thought I said the AV room. Not the court." said Akashi. The gom (or atleast some of them) were all in the court. Murasakibara was shooting hoops. He didn't even pause when Akashi came in. "Murasakibara didn't want to come....." Midorima said finally. "We were trying to persuade him."

"Oh? What is this I hear, Murasakibara?" he said addressing him. Murasakibara still didn't pause.

"I'm asking you something...." said Akashi. He didn't get a response. He waited until Murasakibara was in a position to take a shot and then knocked the ball out of his hands. "Talk."

Murasakibara looked at him sulkily. "Why do you get to order us around?"

"What?"

"You're no better than me, Akashi. Why are you the captain? Looks like it could be any one of us.... Me, Mido-chin, Kuro-chin..... Mine-chin and Kise-chin are not even here.... It's just a title. Nothing else. You can't order me around. Ever."

"Murasakibara! How could you......"

"I.... I challenge you, Aka-chin.... You probably can't even beat me in a one on one!"

"I accept your challenge...."

---------------------------------------

Four to zero. That was the score. He was losing.... Horribly.

This was not how this should be going. Murasakibara was looking at him with something like contempt. The others were simply shocked. This wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all. He'd had enough. He was the one who always won. No matter what. Which is why he was absolute. He'd let these mortals go out of hand. He'd been too lenient. Now he was almost losing. This was wrong.

'Isn't this enough? Now time to end this. Once and for all.....' something seemed to say within him.

----------------------------------------

Murasakibara was looking at him with barely concealed shock. Not even two minutes ago, the score had been four to zero. Now it was four to five.

"Whatever I say goes. And no one shall dispute it. Should there be any sort of protest..... It shall be silenced. I always win Therefore I am absolute." Akashi found everyone in the room staring at him.

"Akashi...." said Midorima. "Your eye....."

"What about it?"

"It's....... gold....."

"What?"

"Nevermind, nanodayo."

"Next time anyone decides to disobey, it won't be a one on one match that you'll have to face. That much I can assure you"

"Eh? What are you saying....." began Midorima.

"Why don't you try then if you're so curious..." said Akashi. His tone and expression hid more than just a threat. He was smiling. But that smile inspired more uneasiness than any frown could.

"Who..... are you...." muttered Midorima.

Akashi laughed. Everyone could tell that even his laugh was a bit off. "What are you talking about, Shintaro? I'm Akashi Seijuro ofcourse." He left the court after saying that.

"Did he.... just use my first name, nanodayo?" said Midorima slowly recovering from the shock.

"Something's.......just wrong with Akashi-kun." said Kuroko.