26: Issues

Chapter 26:

Issues

"Nae, Miyu is it set?"

"Yeah, senpai is going to get a bit of a shock."

"Isn't it a bit textbook today though?"

"Don't worry. That is precisely why she won't expect it."

Miyu and Mayu were part of the soccer club. They had planned a superb trick on the captain right now. Miyu was the team's manager while Mayu was the goal keeper. The two waited for a few minutes before they heard a small crash and a satisfying exclamation. Their trick had worked. They had filled a tin with juice and balanced it on the locker door. As a result, the captain had got drenched.

"Miyumi! Mayumi!" he called. Both of them meekly went and stood before her.

"Do you two have no sense at all? Tournament season is coming and do you think I have time to bother with things like this? What were you thinking......"

"Sorry senpai!"

"Yeah? I seriously hope so because...."

The twins listened to her lecture with a meek face, but Mayu winked at Miyu when she turned. Both of them were quite used to this. Then practice started. The soccer club began their drill. Then they practiced shots.

One of the girls shot a goal. When she did that, the net of the goal loosened and the ball went quite a distance. The captain went and checked the post.

"Hmm.... There's no damage to the net as such. The knots were just loose. Miyumi! Mayumi!"

"Yes?"

"After I just warned you! Will you never let us practice in peace?"

"But captain, I swear, we didn't do this." said Miyu.

"Oh really? So the net just loosened on it's own?"

"That must be the rational explanation." pointed out Mayu.

"I've had it...." muttered captain. "Resume practice!"

***********

"She didn't believe us, did she?" said Miyu.

"No. But we weren't the ones this time though...." said Mayu.

"You think she'll speak to coach?"

"Well, yeah. She's quite tensed already with the tournament. And I can't say we're helping her out."

"Is this it?" said Miyu.

"Well, who knows. Go fetch your stuff and if you can, mine too. Let's go."

"Right."

************

Miyumi climbed up the stairs with a heavy heart. She liked being a manager. And God knew her twin liked being a goalkeeper. But they just couldn't help pulling pranks. It was like second nature to them. At the class, Miyu found Kise taking his stuff. She and her twin had known Kise well for a long time.

"Yo, Ryouta."

"Miyucchi? What are you doing here? Wait! You're planning something aren't you....." he said looking around himself quickly.

"Nah. I'm not in the mood."

"Miyucchi.... Is something wrong?"

"Well, I think we pushed it a bit too far with the captain."

"I did warn you....." said Kise reproachfully.

"Oh, Ryouta!" said Miyu suddenly. "What will we do if they kick us out suddenly? I don't want to quit being a manager."

Kise looked at her thoughtfully. "Why not try the basketball club."

"The basketball club?"

"Well, yeah. I just joined it. It's awesome! Oh and I know a few people from the club. They're really delightful. You and Mayu will love it if you join. The sports' awesome too....."

"I get the picture." said Miyu cutting across quickly. "I'll think about it. I'll consult with Mayu too."

"Please do so! I think they're really in need of a manager."

"Okay."

"Gotta go." said Kise. "Kurokocchi is leaving now. I can catch him if I run. Otherwise, they'll leave me! Bye bye!"

"Goodbye, Ryouta....."

*************

"Nae, Mayu. What do you think about the basketball club?" said Miyu.

"The basketball club? What about them?"

"Well, I was thinking if we joined....."

"You want to quit soccer....."

"Not exactly. I sometimes get the feeling that we're more of a burden to them than an asset."

Mayu sighed. "Sometimes, you're uncannily right. But I wonder if changing clubs is going to make a difference."

"We can try you know."

"Yes. Yes, we can."