Bird's nest (Recap)

Author's note:

Hello, reader! There seems to be a small error in the previous chapter. When I asked a few readers they expressed that they couldn't view the chapter fully. The last line of the previous chapter should be 'Everyone looked at Midorima in horror.' If you can view the previous chapter fully, I recommend you to skip this. If not, I have pasted the exact text of the second half of the previous chapter below. Thank you!

******************

Everyone split up to look for the nest. They were not entirely without hope because the place was afterall in the mountains. There were a lot of probable places. Yukiji was scouting a few trees when she saw a nest in one of the lower branches. The bird had probably just started to build it. But it had a some-what nest like shape. It would have to do.

"Hey guys!" she shouted. "I think I've found a nest here."

Midorima was the first on the scene. "Did you really find a nest, nanodayo?"

"Yeah. It's up there." said Yukiji, pointing. "Now the question is how we get it, nanodayo...." mused Midorima.

"Oh, it's simple." said Yukiji. "It doesn't look so far up. I'll climb it."

"It doesn't seem like a very good idea, nanodayo." said Midorima.

"Relax. I've got it." said Yukiji. She began to slowly climb up. Midorima watched her climb from the ground. Yukiji had gone a few paces up. She kept her hand on a slightly thin branch. It cracked under her. Yukiji swore. She tumbled to the ground. Lukily she hadn't gone too far up. Midorima steadied her.

"Are you alright, nanodayo."

"No, I am not." said Yukiji who had scraped her palms a bit. "Damn you, Shintaro."

Midorima looked concerned. "I am sorry...."

"For what? Wait, are you actually worried?" said Yukiji amazed. And then she grinned.

"It is my responsibility since I was the one who asked for the nest, nanodayo." said Midorima quickly adjusting his glasses.

"Well, I'm the one who climbed. You didn't ask me to." said Yukiji. "Now what?"

"We let go of the issue, nanodayo."

Yukiji was shocked. "But, you're lucky item?"

"It is not my call to bring evil fate on others just because I fear a bit of ill luck. Your attempt has shown me that. There are several who live without their lucky item throughout their lives. Perhaps I should look to my stars to get me through today."

Yukiji was stunned. She could see the effort it was taking Midorima to even say that. "Shintaro...." she said with tears of sympathy slightly brimming and then she laughed.

"Did I miss something, nanodayo?"

"You know what?" said Yukiji with a huge smile. "Maybe you are lucky today."

"How is that, nanodayo?"

"Your hair looks like a bird's nest by itself in the morning you know. Today you are going to carry luck with you whereever you go." she said, squeezing his hand, reassuringly.

Midorima blinked. Then the corner of his mouth twitched slowly. He smiled and returned her hand squeeze.

Aomine entered the clearing just then. "Oi, four eyes! I give up. This sh*t's impossible. Wait....are you actually smiling?"

"I am at perfect liberty to smile, nanodayo." said Midorima reverting back to his serious self. "Besides, we found a nest. The problem is procurring it."

"Hey, everyone! Four-eyes found a nest!" shouted Aomine. Everyone gathered around the tree.

"So, now the problem is getting it...." mused Akashi.

"If only we could reach it...." said Sora.

"Midgets shouldn't think too tall." said Akira.

"Wait here." said Sora snapping her fingers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora returned with a huge stick. "Where did you get that, Himeji?" questioned Akashi.

"I asked coach." said Sora. "Oh and Akira, there's something you should probably know...."

"What is it?" muttered Akira suspiciously.

"Coach wouldn't give it to me at first. So I told her that you were playing catch with a silver necklace and it got stuck in a tree....."

"You what? Why is it always me?" demanded Akira. "Wait, how do you know I have a silver necklace....."

"I didn't." said Sora brightly. "It was just some random cover story. But since you do have it, prepare the decoy! I'll give it to her if she gets suspicious."

"Like hell. Right after I kill you." muttered Akira. "Besides, you probably can't reach it even with the stick, midget."

"Murasakibara-san, you're the tallest. Will you do the honours?" said Sora.

"Okay, Sora-chin." Murasakibara knocked the nest down. And everyone went away with their mission accomplish.

"Well, that's one pain over." said Akira.

Yukiji suddenly stopped dead. "I just thought of something...."

"What is it, Yuki-san?" said Satsuki.

"You know, there's five days for this camp to end. And each day, Cancer will have a lucky item. Sometimes oha asa gives weird stuff. Like sea kelp, sweet fish, pianos, seminars, ganache, gastrointestinal medicines........"

Everyone looked at Midorima in horror.