51: Rendezvous

Chapter 51:

Rendezvous

Earlier in the girls' dorm:

"I'm bored." declared Akira for the hundredth time.

"What do you want to do?" snapped back Yukiji.

"Dunno."

"Perhaps it was a bit foolish of them to let us have an evening completely to ourselves." mused Satsuki.

"Nah. It's sort of good." said Sora who was semi-dozing and sketching at the same time.

"Easy for you to say." said Akira.

The four were currently holed up in Sora and Yukiji's room.

"Basketball?" suggested Akira.

"No. I have a feeling that we'll be thoroughly fed up soon. So I'd rather not." said Sora.

"Courage test?" said Akira sitting up straight. "Remember....."

"No." said Sora putting her foot down. "It's final."

"Why do you sound like some red head I know...."

"Shut up."

"Let's see. What else can we do? Call someone and mess with them?" suggested Satsuki.

"I'm not sure that's wise...." said Sora.

"Shut up and continue with whatever you were doing." said Akira. "Suki-chan, who do we call first?"

"Aomine." said Satsuki decisively.

"I'm with Sora on this." said Yukiji. "I'm not sure it's wise."

"Seriously. What's the worst aho will do?" said Akira rolling her eyes.

Both of them called Aomine and turned on the speaker.

"Hello?" said Aomine.

Satsuki and Akira looked at each other. They hadn't planned any further than this.

"Oi, Akira. This better be good. I just migrated from my room because of a bloody violinist. Got anything to say or not?"

"Well..... um.... There's a room in my elephant. I mean elephant in my room."

There was a slight pause. "What?"

"There's an elephant in my room."

"Are you drunk?" inquired Aomine. "Just because they serve sake....."

"What! No!" said Akira shocked. "Wait a minute! How do you know they serve sake?"

"There's a notice in the lobby, dummy!"

"Oh. I see. Whew."

"Wait here. I'll go inform Sanada that you're.... not feeling well. Don't worry, we'll cover this up..."

"I am not drunk!"

"......can you still see the elephant then?"

"There isn't one! We..... we're going to prank you."

Aomine swore making Akira drop the phone and the other three cover their ears slightly. "I told you I was in a friggin bad mood. My room has just been invaded."

"Don't go to Sanada sensei." said Akira.

"Do you really think I want to report a missing elephant?" he demanded and cut the phone.

Sora and Yukiji exchanged a hifi. "We told you it was a bad idea."

"Now what?" said Akira. "The courage test is a good idea."

"No." said Sora firmly.

"Sora-chan, you never told us what happened last time." said Akira curiously.

"I won't."

"Well whatever. Looks like we're stuck here." said Akira.

"I could read your fortune." volunteered Yukiji. "Shintaro taught me how to."

"No. Not again." said Akira. "Let's see..... Wait a minute." Akira then grinned evily. "Oi, Sora-chan. Remember the bread incident?" Sora dropped her sketchpad with a jerk. "Bread incident?" questioned Yukiji.

"Never mind." said Akira. "But the point is, you owe me one don't you?"

"Yeah....." said Sora slowly. "Okay, what do you want?"

"I want you to take a dare."

"What dare?"

Akira stared at the ceiling meditatively. "I want you to go convince Chihaya senpai that someone has killed coach."

"Isn't that a bit lame..." said Sora blankly.

"No. It is kind of good." said Yukiji. "I want to see senpai's expression anyhow...."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sora took a deep breath and knocked the door. "Yes?" Chihaya asked from inside. Yukiji, Akira and Satsuki were a little farther away. "Can I come in, senpai?" said Sora. "Yeah." came the answer. Sora entered. She found Eru inside too. "What is it, kouhai?" Sora took a deep breath.

"Someone has killed coach." Chihaya and Eru stared at her. "What?"

"Someone has killed coach." Sora repeated.

Chihaya and Eru looked at each other. "Damn, someone beat me to it." muttered Chihaya. Eru just shrugged. Sora was amazed at their reactions. "Umm...."

"You know, kouhai, next time you plan dares, try something more realistic." said Eru.

"And ask those who are watching to hide better." said Chihaya lethargically.

Akira swore. "Come on, senpai! You could have at least acted."

"No offense, kouhai, but next time you're giving dares come to me for suggestions."

"We're open to suggestions even now." said Akira hopefully. "Can you tell us a good dare for Sora?"

"Hmm.... Let's see." said Chihaya thoughtfully. Sora looked at her apprehensively. Luckily, they were called for dinner.