72: Koen: Threes

Note:

The scores are of the form; Koen - Teiko.

Tip off!

Akira caught the ball. Number 4(pf) blocked her and she tried a drive and it succeeded but number 4(pf) used a backtip. She passed to number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) passed to number 8(sg). Number 8(sg) tried to shoot but Eru prevented her from doing that. So she passed sideways to number 7(c) who went head on with Chihaya. Chihaya took the ball and passed it to Yukiji. Yukiji passed to Sora who did a short-range pass to Akira. Akira went head on with number 4(pf) again while Yukiji and Sora were trying to hold off number 5(pg) and number 12(sf). Finally Akira managed to score.

18 - 24.

"Man, this match is going at a snail's pace." said Akira.

"You're right." nodded Sora. "None of us are doing three pointers here. All of us are putting in twos which is sort of retarding the score."

"Aren't we supposed to be an offensive team?" commented Yukiji.

"Yup. You're right." said Sora. "Which is why we probably have to take the initiative to step up the pace. Nae, Akira can you shoot threes?"

"Ofcourse." said Akira. "But I'm more comfortable with twos."

"Can't be helped." shrugged Sora. "Yukiji-san, I think we should do the same."

Chihaya got the ball and she tried to pass to Eru. Number 8(sg) knocked the ball out of her hands and it bounced in open court. Yukiji got it and passed to Sora. Sora passed to Akira, who shot it instead of trying to bypass number 4(pf). This caught Koen somewhat unawares and they didn't react quick enough. The ball went in. Chihaya gave Akira a small thumbs-up.

18 - 27.

"That's almost a ten point lead." said Yukiji jubilantly.

"Now it's their turn to react...." muttered Sora.

Akira got the ball but number 12(sf) backtipped her. The ball was open again and number 8(sg) picked it up. Eru blocked her and she passed to number 7(c). Chihaya got the ball and she tried to pass to Yukiji. Number 4(pf) took the ball. This time, she tried a three pointer. The ball scratched lightly and then went in.

21 - 27.

"Don't tell me this is going to become a sort of war between two power forwards, in which both are uncomfortable with threes..." said Yukiji.

Number 12(sf) got the ball. She passed to number 7(c). Number 7(c) went for a shot directly. She scored a three.

24 - 27.

"Damn!" said Sora.

"I think we just started something insane." said Akira.

Number 12(sf) got the ball. Yukiji took it from her. Number 12(sf) and number 8(sg) blocked her way. Yukiji laughed and took a step back and shot.

24 - 30.

"This is now officially crazy." said Akira.

Number 12(sf) got the ball and passed to number 8(sg). She scored.

27 - 30.

Number 4(pf) got the ball. Akira took it from her and shot. But in her haste, she shot from a bit too far. The ball scratched and rebounded. Chihaya got it and put it in.

27 - 32.

"Kouhai!" she exclaimed.

"I'm not comfortable with threes!" retorted Akira.

Number 8(sg) got the ball. She tried to shoot but Sora took the ball and passed it to Akira. Akira was cornered by number 4(pg) and number 12(sf) she passed to Eru who scored.

27 - 35.

"Now this just got too fast." said Yukiji.

"But we are ahead...." said Sora. "I'm not sure if reducing the pace again is going to be of any use."

Number 4(pf) got the ball. She teamed up with number 12(sf) and tried to move forward by using rapid back and forth passes to retain the ball. Sora intercepted the ball but couldn't get a good grip on it however. The ball was in open court. Number 8(sg) took it and shot.

30 - 35.

"Damn..." muttered Sora.

Number 12(sf) got the ball. Akira took it however and passed it to Sora. This time, Akira and Sora tried the rapid pass strategy and pulled it off.

30 - 37.

"That's how it's done." said Akira.

Number 12(sf) got the ball. She passed to number 8(sg). Eru blocked her but number 8(sg) did a drive around Eru and then shot.

33 - 37.

Chihaya got the ball. She passed it to Eru. Eru tried to shoot but she was blocked by number 8(sg) and she passed to Sora. Sora quickly passed it back to Eru. Eru was able to get a clear shot as number 8(sg) was distracted.

33 - 40.

Number 7(c) got the ball and she passed it to number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) tried to shoot a three but it rebounded. Number 7(c) took back the ball and passed it to number 8(sg). Number 8(sg) scored.

36 - 40.

The referee blew his whistle. "The second quarter is now over. There will now be a short break before the match commences."