38: Tutor

Chapter 38:

Studying

Akashi cleared his throat. "Right. I have you class test results here. Let's check this before we go further. Murasakibara, you're okay. You too Midorima. Kuroko you can aim higher."

"Kuroko-san, your Japanese literature score is awesome." said Sora who was reading it over Akashi's shoulder.

"Well he spends so much time on it...." said Akira.

"You might want to spread your efforts a bit." said Yukiji.

"She's right." said Akashi. "Now we come to the other two."

Kise and Aomine looked at each other.

"Oi, how much did you get?" questioned Aomine.

"You tell me your score first, Aominecchi." said Kise scratching his head.

"I asked you first."

"What really matters is that both of you did your tests really badly." cut in Akashi. "At this rate, both of you won't be able to play. So, I'll be tutoring you. It's final."

"Uh oh...." said Sora with a slight smile. "Wish you two luck."

************

"Himeji!" "Soracchi!"

Aomine and Kise had cornered her during the break the next day.

"Eh? Is something the matter?" said Sora.

"Soracchi I heard you were tutored by Akashicchi last year."

"Oh. That. Well not exactly. He just tried to teach me grammar."

"How did you get by?" demanded Aomine.

"Please help us-su!" said Kise.

"Hmm... I don't know.... 'Stay Alive'."

"Soracchi! Now isn't the time for book references."

"That midget is killing us." exclaimed Aomine.

"Which midget?" Akashi was passing them on the corridor.

"No one!" said Aomine and Kise together.

"I just got a hint that I was the topic of conversation here. And tell me, why aren't both of you in the library?"

"They were clarifying a doubt." said Sora.

"I see. Send them straight to the library after you've finished."

Akashi walked away.

"I will say this though." said Sora. "He isn't someone who's unduly strict. Make him confident that you will perform well and he'll definitely go easy."

"If I was able to do that, I wouldn't be running for my life. Besides, you don't know the midget." said Aomine.

"Trust me, Aomine-san, Kise-san, he's a good teacher and if anyone can help both of you, it's him."

"Well, whatever, Soracchi. Guess we'll get going." said Kise.

"Oi, isn't the library in the opposite direction?" said Sora suspiciously.

"I know." said Aomine. "Wise guy here challenged me to a one on one. Ten to win." he said pointing at Kise.

"Sorry, but I gave my word. Both of you are going to the library." said Sora.

"I don't wanna!" said Kise pouting.

"Sorry. Important match." said Aomine.

Sora looked at them coldly. "Kise Ryouta. Aomine Daiki. I am going to cross the library in another five minutes and if I don't see both of you with your books...... Well, do you really want to know?"

"Done!" they both chorused.

"Great." swore Aomine on the way to the library. "We escape from one and get caught by the other."