84: Final day

"How was your last day?" said Akashi.

"Oh, I don't know.... Yours?" said Sora.

"Pretty much the same."

"Remind me why you are walking me to the bus stop again?"

"Why shouldn't I, Sora?"

"Aren't you too high and mighty to look at us mortals?"

Akashi twisted her ear lightly with a grin. "Ouch!"

"So how was your last day?" said Akashi.

"Mixed feelings. For one thing, it was the best day ever! We met up with the senpais in the court. Chihaya senpai had smuggled in a recorder. We had music and such. Coach doesn't know ofcourse..... But the thing is, they're graduating. Chihaya senpai and Eru senpai have been on the team for as long as I can remember. I don't know what we'll do without them."

"I feel the same too."

"Oh. Nijimura senpai is graduating, right?"

"Yes."

"So you probably know what I'm talking about. Really, it's the end of an era."

"And probably the beginning of another." said Akashi wistfully. "We have long roads ahead."

"That's right. There's next year to think about."

"And the time after that too. No matter what we say, life isn't stagnant."

"Yup. I guess I have the next hundred years to play basketball." said Sora. "No matter who I play with, I'll make sure it's a good game."

"That's right, Sora. Although, your estimate on your lifespan seems to be a bit too optimistic."

"I wasn't literal about it!" said Sora. "Besides, for all you know, I could live another hundred years."

"Yes. I'd like that too..." said Akashi.

"Nae, you'll stick around to watch right? So that I can prove you're wrong."

Akashi laughed. "Why do you keep pushing luck?"

"Right. The stop's here. Bye."

"Good bye, Sora."