33: Opinions

Chapter 33:

Opinions

Everyone was eating lunch together. Satsuki had also decided to join them that day. Between the ten of them, they were making quite a bit of noise. But Kise was quiet. He was moodily staring at his food.

"Kise-kun.... Is something wrong?" said Akira.

"You haven't eaten a bite." pointed out Sora.

"It's wrong to let your food grow cold." said Murasakibara.

"What is it, Kise-kun?" said Kuroko.

"Oh, it's nothing important....."

"Doesn't look like it." said Yukiji.

"Gemini is seventh today. So, if you are having any problems...." began Midorima.

"Idiot! Not everyone's lives are wound around horoscopes!" said Akira.

"He's talking about the impact...." began Yukiji.

"Aren't we going a bit out of topic here?" reminded Satsuki.

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry. Kise-kun, speak up." said Akira.

"Well, it's nothing to bother you with..... It's just a rumour." he said.

"Oh," said Satsuki, inhaling qucikly.

"You know what it is?" Akira asked Satsuki.

"Well, who cares? You said it yourself. It's a rumour." said Sora.

"And it looks like Kise doesn't want to talk about it. So, let's all continue eating." said Akashi.

"Oh, but this was sort of..... verified." said Satsuki.

"Eh?" said Akira.

Kise sighed. "I suppose I'd better be the one to tell you all. You'll all hear it sooner or later. Well....there's word that.....well, that Nanasecchi is going out with Shogo-kun."

There was a pin-drop silence in the table. Finally, Aomine broke it. "That's sh*t. Can't imagine someone dumping you for Haizaki."

Kise smiled weakly. "Thank you, Aominecchi. I thought so too. But somehow, I just can't get it out of my mind."

"I'm telling you.... it's rubbish."

Midorima adjusted his glasses. "If it's bothering you so much, then there's only one solution. But I will need the full name, birthdate and zodiac of both of you. I will run it through a compatibily test and bring the results tomorrow, nanodayo." Everyone looked at him in disbelief.

"Are you mad?" demanded Akira.

"So what if you have perfect compatibily with a hag? What then?" demanded Aomine.

"Excuse me! How can you refer to any girl, even in general like that?" exclaimed Sora.

"There are some people..... For example...." began Aomine.

"Enough!" interposed Akashi.

"Aho! Then how would you go about it, nanodayo?" said Midorima.

Aomine shrugged. "It's all in the looks, mate."

"You're shallow!" said Akira.

"Shut it! I still am yet to hear the depths of wisdom coming out of your mouth." countered Aomine.

"What about you, Mu-kun? What do you think?" inquired Satsuki who was now in a sort of frenzy because they had picked on one of her pet subjects.

Murasakibara looked up from his food. "These rice-cakes could be slightly better."

"I think Murasakibara-san has the correct measure of life." said Sora with a laugh.

Satsuki let the comment slide. "Kuroko-kun?"

Kuroko looked up a bit awkwardly. "Umm.... I'm not sure. But, I think ...... perhaps someone who's kind and gentle....."

"Oh! Tetsu-kun!" exclaimed Satsuki.

"Finally, an okay answer." said Akira.

"Hmm.... It would be a good pair." said Sora.

"Next...." said Satsuki. "Let's see. We've asked Mido-kun, Mine-kun, Tetsu-kun, Mu-kun, oh. Kise-kun?"

"Oh, I dunno. Perhaps someone who won't let me down and loves me for my own sake......." he said running his fingers through his hair.

"I see. Next.... Akashi-kun."

"Now here's something I want to hear." muttered Akira.

Akashi looked up and shrugged. "This seems a bit pointless."

"Tell us!" exclaimed Satsuki.

"Hmm.... Someone with a bit of dignity."

"Dignity?" said Akira. "What, someone who doesn't embarass you?"

"Poor thing...." muttered Sora.

"Why so?" he inquired.

"Eh.... How do I know? You'll probably order her to death." said Sora.

"It's probably up to her, whether she takes it or not. Right?" said Akira.

"Not at all." he said. "I will be absolute over her."

"Guys are superior." said Aomine playfully.

"So, in short you want a sort of slave." said Sora.

"That....hey, quit glaring. Eat you food." said Akashi.

Sora looked at him. Then, she stubbornly pushed away her lunch and stared at the wall.

"Oi, eat."

"No."

"I order you."

"Go to hell."

"Eat. Please? Let me help you. Here...."

"No."

"If that's any picture of 'absolute', then we guys are damned" muttered Aomine.

"Did you say anything, Aomine?" said Akashi.

"Not at all!"

Just then, Haizaki entered the cafeteria.

"Yo. Kise." he said. Kise remained silent.

Haizaki surveyed him thoughtfully. "I went out with her you know......"

Kise looked up in shock.

"Too bad for you, Ryouta." he said and left with a laugh.

Kise had turned white. He sat staring at the table, not saying a word.

"Idiot!" said Aomine. "You're taking the word of an utter loser."

"He's probably making it up you know." added Sora.

"Cheer up, Kise-kun!" said Akira.

"I won't take the word of his like." said Akashi. "Don't say anything until you've heard from Nanase herself."

"Yeah. Otherwise, you'll blow it." said Aomine.

"Gemini's seventh. Don't do anything rash, nanodayo." said Midorima.

"And finish your lunch! It's nearly time." said Yukiji.

"I agree." concurred Murasakibara.

"Thanks guys!" said Kise managing a weak smile. "I guess you're right afterall. You guys are amazing-su!"

"Idiot! Quit clinging to me!" said Aomine.

"You are great, Aominecchi! And everyone. Akashicchi, Midorimacchi, Kurokocchi, Murasakibaracchi, Akiracchi, Satsukicchi, Soracchi, Yukijicchi...."

"We know that! Stop!"