39: Second term

Chapter 39:

Second term

The second term had just begun at Teiko middle school. The results for the term tests were out. Kise and Aomine had made it too. Everyone would be playing in the qualifiers.

Sora was checking the notice board when she saw Akashi carrying a huge sheaf of papers.

"You need help?" she asked.

"No. I'm fine. I was looking for someone from the girls' team. Qualifiers are starting early. We'll have the first few matches. After that there'll be a one month gap before the rest of them."

"That's insane." said Sora.

"I'm aware. And your coach wanted to meet your captain. Please inform her. And give this to her." he said, fishing a paper out of the bundle.

"Done. You know, you'll probably need some help carrying that. Wait, training camp?" she said, scanning the paper.

"A week long. We'll be going because of the gap. I'll get going."

"Don't fall somewhere...." called out Sora.

"I know what I'm doing!"

***************

"Training camp?" said Chihaya examining the paper.

"Yup." said Sora.

"Yes!" chroused Yukiji and Akira.

"Hold your horses! This isn't going to be a picnic you know. One week with the she-devil. Imagine that." said Chihaya.

Akira, Sora and Yukiji exchanged glances. It didn't seem like such an exciting prospect anymore.

"Chihaya! You're scaring them!" said Eru. "Don't worry. It'll be fun. Imagine, we'll spend a whole week together."

"What about the training, senpai?" said Sora doubtfully.

"It won't se something you can't handle." said Eru evasively.

"Well, that sounds cheerful...." muttered Akira.

"At any rate, attendence is compulsory." concluded Chihaya. "I have to go meet the she-devil. If I'm alive, we'll continue this discussion."

"It does sound good though. A training camp." said Yukiji.

"Suit yourself." muttered Akira.

"I think she's right." said Sora. "Think about it. One entire week with the team. Thinking of nothing but basketball...."

"Let's just pray you are right." said Akira.