28: Koen : Second quarter

Note:

The scores are of the form Teiko - Koen.

Chapter 28:

Koen: Second quarter.

20 - 14.

Tip off.

Akira took the ball. She was blocked and then she passed to Yukiji. Yukiji passed to Eru. But Eru was double teamed by number 8(sg) and number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) took the ball. But Yukiji blocked her and took it. She passed to Sora, who passed to Chihaya. Chihaya scored.

22 - 14.

Number 4(pf) had the ball. She passed it to number 7(c). Number 7(c) was blocked by Chihaya. She passed to number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) was blocked by Yukiji. So she passed back to number 7(c). Number 7(c) managed to score this time.

22 - 16.

Akira had the ball. She passed to Sora. Sora dribbled around number 5(pg). She was double teamed and did an overhead pass to Akira. Akira was blocked by number 12(sf). She passed it to Eru. Eru, however was cornered by number 8(sg) and number 4(pf). Number 4(pf) took the ball. She passed to number 7(c). Number 7(c) passed it back to number 8(sg).

22 - 19.

Number 4(pf) had the ball. Akira took it from her. She passed it to Sora. Sora passed to Yukiji who was free. Yukiji waited until she had drawn number 12(sf) and number 8(sg) towards herself and then she passed to Eru. However number 4(pf) blocked Eru long enough for number 5(pg) to come there. Number 5(pg) took the ball and Sora took it from her. She passed to Akira. Akira did a drive around number 4(pf). She scored.

24 - 19.

Eru gritted her teeth. Sora could understand. They had completely frozen their outside scoring ability. But thankfully, they had other means....

Number 12(sf) had the ball. She passed to number 4(pf). Number 4(pf) passed to number 8(sg). Eru took the ball from number 8(sg). But number 12(sf) took it back and passed to number 8(sg) again.

24 - 21.

Akira had the ball. She passed it to Yukiji. Yukiji passed to Sora. Sora was double teamed by number 5(pg) and number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) took the ball. Sora backtipped her and passed to Akira. Akira scored.

26 - 21.

Number 7(c) had the ball. She tried to pass to number 12(sf). Chihaya blocked the pass. But she was backtipped by number 12(sf). Number 12(sf) passed back to number 7(c), who passed to number 8(sg).

26 - 24.

Yukiji got the ball. She passed to Chihaya. Chihaya passed to Akira.

28 - 24.

Sora had the ball. She passed to Akira. Akira was double teamed again. She passed to Yukiji. Yukiji passed to Chihaya.

30 - 24.

By the end of the second quarter, the score was 34 - 30.

****************

"They're getting on my nerves." admitted Chihaya.

"Number 12's a pain." said Sora.

"It's irritating....." declared Akira.

"I'm not able to score. And seriously though, what's with the double teaming?" said Eru.

"How come they always seem to have the manpower to do it....." mused Yukiji.

Sora blinked. "Genius!"

"Yeah. I am. But what did I say....."

"Hit something?" inquired Akira.

"Think so."