A.U:Practice (Request by @gabby021) (SeijuroxSora)

This is a sort of A.U. and it's not connected to the main story. Thank you, @gabby021 for you request. I hope you like it!

——————————————-

"Why don't you learn ankle break today, Sora?"

Sora shifted uneasily. There was no way Akashi was usually this polite unless he was angry. Sora had been coming late to practice for the last few times and she suspected that that was what Akashi was mad about.

"Umm, Seijuro, you know that is highly impossible, right?"

"Well, we won't know unless we try."

"We already have."  pointed out Sora. "And you remember how that went..."

"Well, we'll try again."

"Seijuro..." said Sora. "I know you are probably mad at me right now. But do you think this is the right way to express it? Why don't we just sort it out..."

"And waste practice time? I thought you were better than that."

"Fine."

Sora resigned herself to falling down multiple times and began practice. As expected, Akashi began to experiment using ankle break on her. This time, he did it for a long period of time without calling a break.

"Seijuro, you know, if you keep using it like this on me then one day I'll become immune to it. Then what will you do?"

Akashi shrugged. "I'm not particularly worried. It's just you. Why should I bother when you'll never oppose me?"

"Oh. You are that confident, huh?"

Akashi grinned and used ankle break on her again. This time, he caught her elbow as she feel. "Tell me, Sora.... Do you dare to oppose me?" Sora felt that she couldn't quite hold his gaze. "It is unlikely that I'll be playing against you at any rate..." managed Sora and he let her go.

"Seijuro, can I sit down for a moment?"

"That would be best."

Sora sat down on one of the benches on the side. All that falling down had made her tired. Akashi looked at her and then came and sat down next to her. He hesitated for a moment and then rested his head on her shoulder. Sora was jerked out of her semi-drowsy state and she turned, not knowing what to do.

"Umm... Seijuro, are you okay?"

"Hmm. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh. I assumed you were feeling dizzy since, umm..."

A small smile touched the corner of his lips. "You're not the only one who gets tired after practice you know."

"Oh. I see." said Sora. "Umm, I can't exactly guarantee anything. You might want to get up if you don't want to go crashing down. I can barely sit you know..."

"I'll catch you." assured Akashi who merely shifted his head to a more comfortable position.

"How long will this take?"

"Till our break is over..."

"Well, that very definitive..."

They sat together for some time. "Nae, Seijuro...." said Sora finally said.

"Hmm?"

"Can we begin practice again?"

"Any reason?"

"Nothing. It's just that I prefer ankle break to this...."

Akashi laughed. "Get used to it then."

Sora was thinking that her situation could not get any more awkward when Akira walked in. "Nae, Sora-chan, Chihaya senpai wanted to speak to you about...." And then she stopped short. "What the ....."

"Akira-san." said Sora with a facepalm.

"I was just leaving." said Akira heading to the door.

"You said Chihaya senpai wanted to talk....."

"Forget about that." said Akira grimly. "I understand I shouldn't have walked in. Sorry for..... coming. Bye bye."

"Idiot. Seijuro said he was just feeling tired. Nothing else. Right?" said Sora.

Akashi smirked and took a strand of her hair between his fingers and began twisting it. "God almightly...." said Akira with a face palm.

"Akira! Don't trust him. He's just messing with both of us!"

"Sayonara!" said Akira with a flourish and left.

Sora was left staring at the door blankly.

"Right, Sora. It's time we practiced again." said Akashi getting up.

Sora groaned. "I think I'll go home now. All this is quite enough excitement for one day."

————————————

Sora met Akira on her way out.

"So, umm, tell me about it." said Akira with a cough.

"Akira-san! I just told you, he was messing with both of us. I'm not even sure he meant anything."

"Goodbye, Sora." said a voice behind her, making her jump. Sora felt him give a small tug at her hair as he left and didn't say anything.

Akira looked from one to the other and then sighed. "This is out of my hands, mate." she said, putting her hand on Sora's shoulder. "This is definitely not my department. Sorry I can't help." said Akira.