49: Roommates

Chapter 49:

Roommates

They had reached the hotel in the mountains. Sora had nicknamed the place 'the basecamp'. It was pretty much like that. Coach had called them to order fifteen minutes after they had reached.

"Right, I have organized which room everyone takes. I have the list of you accommodations here." A collective groan sounded from the club members. Coach frowned and continued. "No. You will not take whichever room you want. Two of you will share a room. It has been arranged according to your string and alphabetical order. I have the list here. I will put it up temporarily."

(The list is in alphabetical order of their surnames; Chihiro, Himeji, Taketa, Tamotsu, Yuusuke. Starters followed by rest of the members arranged on various basis.)

"Chihaya-senpai. I'm with you." said Akira.

"Yay! we're both together!" said Sora to Yukiji.

"Oh. I guess I'm with Sakura." said Eru.

"Well, might as well make the best of it." said Chihaya.

"Hello, guys!" It was Satsuki.

"Oh, Suki-chan. You're here." said Akira. "Where are you staying?"

"Well obviously I can't crash with the guys. So I'll have to share a room. Does anyone have just a little space?"

"Chihaya-senpai, is it okay if Satsuki-san stays in our room?" said Akira.

"Not at all a problem."

"Sorry to impose!" said Satsuki.

-------------------------------------

Sanada had just made the same announcement in the boys' dorm. The gom decided to go check the chart.

Aomine moaned and paled. "There's some mistake...... There's some bloody mistake."

"I agree. I don't think putting us both in the same room is the best option." said Akashi.

"Mido-chin, you won't steal my food will you?" said Murasakibara.

Midorima adjusted his glasses. "Why would I?"

"Wooh! Kurokocchi is with me!" said Kise hugging Kuroko.

"Kise-kun, you're strangling me just a bit."

"Aomine is right." concluded Akashi. "There has to be a mistake. I'll go ask coach."

--------------------------------------------

Akashi returned after talking to coach. "Well?" inquired Aomine. Akashi shrugged. "When I got there, coach was in a bad mood. Apparantly a lot of others had come to ask him the same thing."

"And?" demanded Aomine.

"He asked me to arrange the words mindless, mullet, aorta, akaryotic, kudos and kinetics in alphabetical order. I said 'akaryotic, aorta, kinetics, kudos, mindless and mullet'. And then he said that there was absolutely no mistake and that now I had proof."

"Is it any coincidence that the words have the first letters of our names?" asked Midorima.

"None, whatsoever."

"Yay! Kurokocchi. No one's going to separate us!"

"Kise-kun calm down." said Kuroko.

Aomine swore. "You must have mixed it up a bit when Sanada sensei asked you. That way...."

"I'm pretty sure Sanada sensei knows his alphabets throughly." said Akashi.

"Darn!"