37: Term tests

Chapter 37:

Term tests

Teiko had come through the prelims. And after a brief period of calm, the term tests arrived. The basketball club was in a frenzy. The members would be allowed to join tournaments only if they cleared the tests with a good score, even if the person in question was part of the starting lineup. Both captains were in a frenzy. Sora entered the library to find a familiar crowd studying.

"Same old, same old....." she said with a grin.

"Shut up. We're studying." said Akira who was poring over a book.

"Is it?"

"Those who are probably done must shut up."

"Nope." said Sora. "I'm pretty much like you this time."

"Yeah right."

"Damn. What's with this grammar...." began Aomine.

"Shut up!" said Akira.

"Aquarius is going to have a tetchy day, nanodayo." said Midorima.

"I never asked you, kerosuke!" said Akira.

"Kerosuke?" said Sora. Akira gestured to the frog doll in his hand.

"Nice name." commented Yukiji. "P.S. The frog matches your hair."

"Talk about similarity." said Aomine.

"Midorima-kun doesn't look like a frog." said Kuroko. Sora jumped a bit when she heard his voice. She hadn't noticed.

"I agree, nanodayo." said Midorima.

"But the frog does match Midorimacchi's eyes." commented Kise.

"It compliments you." said Yukiji with a laugh.

"People! There's a reason why we're here...." reminded Akira.

"What? Destiny?" teased Sora.

"Tamotsu is right, Himeji. Why do you look like you have a lot of free time on your hands?" said Akashi.

Sora shrugged. "I don't even have the heart to start."

"Difficult one?"

"You could say so..." said Sora with a sigh.

"Shall I tutor you?" said Akashi. Sora remembered the time she'd accidentally agreed to that in the previous year.

"No thanks. I'm good."

"What on earth's wrong?" said Akira. "Look at Mu-chan. He's quietly reading. Can't you all follow the same.

"Look again." said Sora. Murasakibara was complacently chewing on a granola bar with a book in front of him. He didn't look like he was reading the text.

"Whatever. At least he's quiet." said Akira.

Just then the librarian happened to come by. "No talking in the library." she said pointedly at Akira. As she left, the entire table burst into silent giggles. Akira glared at Sora.

"I'm.... so.... sorry." said Sora, silently choking with laughter.

"And I'm supposed to be incharge of this group...." said Akashi rubbing his forehead.

"Incharge?" inquired Sora.

"Yes. Nijimura asked me to look after these five. I have to make sure they have a fair grade."

"Oh."

"Why don't we go to the roof?" suggested Yukiji.

Everyone agreed to it.

"Great. Now we're doomed." said Akira.