68: Fair

Chapter 68:

Fair

"This is...." began Akira.

"Huge." concluded Sora.

Despite their dark disappointment, none of them could deny that it was a good place to hang out. There were nearly all the necessary fair attractions from roller coasters to the small cluttered stalls which lined all the paths.

"Cotton candy....." said Murasakibara and walked towards a small shop at the front.

"Hold it! If you get full at the beginning, you might not be able to eat later on." cautioned Akira.

"I don't think he's going to have any problem of that sort...." muttered Aomine. After Murasakibara bought his cotton candy, everyone began to wander about. Suddenly, Kuroko stopped in front of a shop.

"What's up Tetsu?" said Aomine.

"I didn't mean to stop. It's just that.... That toy is so cute." said Kuroko pointing to a toy that was on display in one of the game stalls. It was the sort where you had to hit a pyramid of cans to win a prize.

"Are you an elementary kid? That's a stuffed toy." said Akira.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to stop." said Kuroko.

"There's nothing wrong in that." said Sora with a shrug. "We might as well try. Midorima-san, you're best at shooting. Why don't you try?"

"Cancer is third today, nanodayo. And I have my lucky item which is a camera. I can't go wrong, nanodayo." said Midorima.

"You have a camera? Wow, for once this is actually useful. Hand it over from time to time so that we can take pics." said Akira.

"You are not taking my camera, nanodayo."

Midorima paid for the game and took his position. He hit the pyramid with the ball but it didn't budge.

"I can't believe this, nanodayo!" he exclaimed.

"It's fixed." concluded Akashi.

"Nearly all fair games are." pointed out Akira. "This was a ditch attempt anyway."

"Midorima-kun, I'm sorry you've lost some money on my account." said Kuroko.

"It's nothing, nanodayo."

"Shouldn't we report him?" said Akashi thoughtfully. "This is fraud."

"That's not exactly wise..." said Yukiji.

"This is life. You've got to accept it." said Akira.

"Why don't we tell him we know and force him into giving us our prize?" said Aomine.

"Aho! You're just as bad." said Akira.

"Kuroko-kun.... You really want that toy huh?" said Sora.

"That doesn't matter anymore." said Kuroko.

"It's just that I have this crazy idea...." Sora quietly told Kuroko something. Kuroko nodded. "Do you think that it'll work?"

"I'm positive."

"But is it really worth all this...."

Sora shrugged. "If they're really cheating us, this will teach them at any rate."

"Okay."

Sora and Kuroko went to the shop again. Kuroko paid the fare. Kuroko gave the ball to Sora who went a few paces back.

"Who's throwing?" said the store owner, who was a bit confused.

"Technically, he is." said Sora.