29: Koen: Third and fourth quarters

Note:

The scores are of the form Teiko - Koen.

Chapter 29:

Koen: Third and fourth quarter

34 - 30.

Tip off!

Akira got the ball first. She passed it to Yukiji. Number 12(sf) and number 5(pg) tried to double team her. Number 12(sf) took the ball from Yukiji. But Sora took it back from her. Teiko had given up their former strategy. Now they were marking specific people. Sora passed the ball to Eru. Eru was again double teamed. But this time, Yukiji was marking number 12(sf). So when, she got the ball, Yukiji was ready and took it. She passed it to Akira. Akira was blocked by number 4(pf) and number 5(pg). Sora came to her aid. They tried passing back and forth. At one point, their flow was cut by number 7(c) but Chihaya who was marking her came to their aid. She passed the ball back to Sora. Sora and Akira resumed their passing. They scored.

36 - 30.

Number 12(sf) got the ball. She passed to number 4(pf). Akira went one on one and got it from her. She passed to Yukiji. Yukiji passed to Eru.

39 - 30.

Teiko marked each player from Koen separately. So in the end, it boiled down to induvidual play and their ability to go one on one. And in that aspect, Teiko had the upper hand. They had succeeded in widening the gap quite a bit. By the end of the third quarter, the score was 60 - 49.

"Senpai....." said Sora thoughtfully.

"Hmm?"

"They look as if we've worn them out quite enough. What say we end it?"

"Go all out?" inquired Akira.

"Yup."

Akira grinned. "Now that sounds like a plan to me!"

Teiko ended up winning afterall. The final score was 85 - 67. The Koen match came to an end.