5: The model

Chapter 5:

The model

The traditional first string versus second string match was going to take place. This was the first match of the year. And Sora was probably going to miss the first two minutes. The guys would never forgive her. Akira and Yukiji had gone ahead.

Finally, she reached the court. My, what a crowd! Sora had never seen such a turnout. Half of Teiko's population seemed to be there. Sora corrected her thoughts. Half the female population seemed to be there. Sora fought her way through.

"Excuse me!.... Please I need to get through...... For God's sake, move!"

Sora soon located the cause of the commotion. A blond guy was standing right at the entrance of the gallery and seemed to be talking to the crowd at large.

"Excuse me....." began Sora.

"Oh, forgive me. I can't give you my autograph right now. I'm really sorry...."

"Move. Out of my way."

"Do you even know who he is?" hissed some random person.

"How the hell do I know?" hissed Sora. "I'm missing the first quarter. So unless you want to witness a murder....."

"Umm....you...." began the blond.

"Himeji."

"Right. Himeji-san, do you really not know who I am?"

"Are you some long-lost cousin?"

"No...."

"Then, move it!"

"How can you address Kise-sama like this?" said someone.

"Sama?!...." began Sora.

Akira had come to check what the commotion was about.

"Sora-chan, something wrong?"

"These idiots won't let me through!"

"Idiots?" Akira scanned the crowd. "Oh, Kise-kun? Figures....."

"Yo, Akiracchi!" he said.

"You know this guy?" said Sora.

"Yeah. I'll explain. Oh and Kise-kun, let Sora in. I think she might kill you if you delay her further....."

"Score?" demanded Sora as she sat down next to Yukiji.

"10 - 30." replied Yukiji. "The second's being flattened."

"Good."

"Nae, Sora-chan.... Do you really have no idea who Kise is?" inquired Akira.

"Nope."

"The model?" said Akira helpfully.

"I might have heard about him. Vaguely."

"Who's Kise?" said Yukiji. Sora looked at Akira triumphantly.

"She's new. Unlike you she has an excuse. Whatever. He's in the same year as us. He's a model and apparently very popular."

"Yeah I can see." said Sora grimly. "Next time ask him to keep his business away from the gallery door."

"Sora-chan, that's mean! Speaking of which, wonder what he was doing here."

"Beats me...."