A.U: Icestick (Request by @lonelay) (Aomine and Akira)

An A.U featuring Aomine and Akira as requested by @lonelay. I hope you like it! :)

----

"Aho! Seriously. Are you just messing with me?"

Aomine was busy slowly drawing a spiral on a blank page on his notebook. Aomine had asked Akira to help him with a few difficult sums. Akira had gave him some exercises to work on and she had proceeded to do her own homework. When she looked up after a while, she found Aomine doodling instead of working.

"Just a minute. I'll get to the sums after I finish this." promised Aomine.

"You're just drawing a spiral! You can do that any old time."

"Done!" said Aomine looking at his spiral with satisfaction. Akira facepalmed. "I should have gone home."

Aomine stood up. "Well, anyway, since you didn't, let's play basketball."

Akira's jaw dropped. "Aho.... So you wanted me to stay back for basketball?" Aomine shrugged. "I was bored."

---------

"Aho, you're going to lose so badly, you're going to cry!"

"Ha! In your dreams."

---------

"You lost, woman...."

"I know!"

"Okay. So now you've got to my homework for the rest of the week."

"No way! I never said I'd do so...."

"..... Fine. Then buy me an ice."

"I hate you...."

----------

Akira bought an ice cream for Aomine at their usual spot. She didn't feel like eating one.

"So... Next time I'm going to raise the stakes." said Aomine sucking his ice stick and crushing the wrapper in his hands.

"Then I'm not playing next time." muttered Akira. Aomine ignored her and threw the wrapper into the bin. Suddenly, he said "Oi, hold the stick."

"Aho! Put it in the bin yourself!"

"Just do it!"

"Why are you giving your garbage to me?" muttered Akira but took the stick anyway.

"Hey!" said an angry voice making them halt. A guy was holding a wrapper in his hands. He saw the stick in Akira's hand and scowled at her.

"Why the heck did you throw your garbage at me? Do I look like a bin?" He advanced angrily.

"Sorry, Akira, I missed the bin." whispered Aomine. Before Akira could come up with a cutting reply, the guy confronted her.

"What do you think of yourself?" he demanded.

"Sorry...." said Akira, shifting on her feet. The guy raised his hand to hit her.

"Oi, the girl said she was sorry." interrupted Aomine.

"Who are you wise guy?"

A couple of people slowed down sensing that a street fight was about to begin. But to everyone's surprise, Akira was the one who interrupted.

"Back off, idiots! You're not bloody kindergartners."

"Oh, you're the one who started it missy....." began the guy.

"So what! You didn't end up dead because of a stick! So shut your trap!" screamed Akira. She advanced until her face was just a few inches from the guy's face. The guy took a step back in alarm. Aomine sighed and pulled Akira back by her hair.

"Let's go. You've scared him enough, woman. Seriously, you don't stare at strangers like that....."

"Aho! Now you're on his side?"

"Guy code. We help each other out in life threatening situations."

"That is so lame!"

Akira turned to hunt him down but apparently he had fled the scene.

"Let's go. I guess there's no use in standing here anymore." said Akira.

"That's right."

"Why did you stop me, aho? I wanted to give him a piece of my mind!"

"Oh please! No one wants to look at your face in close up...." said Aomine.

"You idiot! Next time, look into the glass before talking!"

They quickly walked a bit further because quite a crowd had gathered because of the fight.

"Remind me why I took the blame instead of you, anyway." said Akira.

Aomine smiled. "That's because you're crazy."