(((Last Year - March)))

They played a three-on-three in one of the street basketball courts. Murasakibara, Aomine, and Kuroko on one team and Akashi, Midorima, and Kise on the other. Momoi and Ai watched from the sidelines, occasionally switching in for a turn to play.

Ai enjoyed basketball and didn't mind a defense position but wasn't much for rough play. It wasn't like she had the skills they had, either. She was more or less, for better or worse, the stereotypical and old-fashioned,  "sit still and look pretty" type. However, it wasn't to say that she wasn't strong when it counted; Ai was confident in how elegantly she acted to express her honest nature.

"Come, play with us, Ai." Akashi walked over and extended her a hand. "I want to try something."

She took his hand and felt the warmth envelop her small one.

"Momoi, go on Daiki's team. Atsushi and Shintarō will sit out," he ordered.

"Okay!" Momoi skipped over to Kuroko and hugged his arm. "Fine by me!" she sang.

It was a game with Kuroko, Momoi, and Aomine against Akashi, Ai, and Kise. They played for a while, and Murasakibara wandered off to purchase a few snacks in the meantime. The players on each team bonded, and the small experiment resulted in affectionate smiles.

Akashi sighed heartily. "Good game." He placed a hand at Ai's back and gallantly led her and the others to the bench. The two who were already sitting stood to make room. The players rested and drank thirstily from their water bottles.

"I'm glad we got to spend the day together. Thank you," Ai spoke when they all stood to leave.

"You're really going?" Kise frowned. "Why can't you stay here?"

"Yeah, Ai-chan! Let's go to high school together!" Momoi pleaded, putting her hands on Ai's shoulders.
She and Aomine were going to Tōō, an academy in Tokyo.

"Or, you can come to Kaijō with me!" He hooked an arm around her, too. His school was in Kanagawa, which was still pretty close.

"We don't all have to go to the same school," Aomine pointed out.

"By the way, why Miyagi? And why Karasuno? I hate crows," Murasakibara commented while snacking on chips. She didn't know why he was complaining; Yōsen was in Akita. He would be closer to her than any of the others.

"I haven't heard of Karasuno's basketball team," Midorima stated as a matter of fact. "However, it is her decision." He adjusted his glasses after he finished bandaging his fingers. He was going to Shūtoku in Tokyo.

Kise and Momoi backed off, sighing disappointedly.

"That's right," Akashi said. "Although I'd take her along if it were up to me." He turned to her. "I can get you into Rakuzan." His was in Kyoto.

"I'm fine, thank you for the offer," Ai replied coldly. "My father got a job there, so I'd have to move either way. Karasuno is simply the school that I passed the entrance exam for. You all know very well how living abroad has sabotaged my Japanese." She gave Akashi a look. "I wouldn't survive a day at a prestigious school full of intelligent people like Rakuzan."

"I hope you enjoy it over there," Kuroko encouraged sincerely. He had chosen Seirin High, also in Tokyo.
Out of the eight of them, four of their schools were close to Teikō in Tokyo, and one was in Kanagawa, the next prefecture over.

"Thank you. Thank you, everyone. I'm so glad to have been a part of this team." She smiled sadly, gazing into each of their somber faces. "Farewell."

"Indeed. Farewell." Akashi stepped up to her and took her hand. He brought it up to his lips, bowed his head ever so slightly, and kissed it. He glanced up at her and met her eyes with his maroon and orange-yellow ones. "Ai."

She blushed while Momoi squealed. With that, the Generation of Miracles, along with their supporters, disbanded, each going to a different school, to a different team.

And one, to a different sport altogether.

***

References:

https://qph

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7c7a6189425ec52873557b144beff4f1

(Map of prefectures above)