(((Last Winter - After Akashi's Birthday)))

Letterfrom "Violet Evergarden"

Letter
from "Violet Evergarden"

Ever so quietly
Into the same sky
Listen to the wind
Even though, I know that you will not be waiting there

The words I have written
A countless times now
Fly and disappear
Like feathers to the sky

Love will always be
Found in the spot of warm sunshine
Even if we can't see it
Even if we cannot touch it
As if it is right by our side

Ever so gently
The trees of the forest
Singing to the rain
As if they, were lullabies for my encouragement
On the dirt not yet dried
We walked hand in hand
Sometime in memory
The road of someday

Love will always be
Flowing like the crystal clear water
Whenever I catch it
It slips from my hands yet again
It fades away as you do

Love will always be
Found in the spot of warm sunshine
Even if we can't see it
Even if we cannot touch it
As if it is right by our side

"A song that all women can relate to, and a song that strikes all men's hearts."
-Irma Fliech

***

She had heard news of the results from last year's national tournament. It kept her somewhat informed, even when she didn't go to see them personally. Kuroko's team, Seirin Private High School, had defeated Akashi's Rakuzan High at finals and won the basketball Winter Cup.

It was a very close match from what she'd heard. Midorima's school, Shūtoku, came in third, followed by Kaijō, where Kise was. The verdict for the third and fourth places were predictable, considering Kise's injury and overworked leg muscles against Midorima and Takao; there was only so much Captain Kasamatsu could do without their ace.

Knowing Akashi, she suspected that the loss and ranking in second place did a number on him, but she hadn't heard anything in particular. She guessed that he either didn't want to bother her or look weak in her eyes. The latter was probably the more likely deduction. After all, his high esteem was now blemished with the loss.

She would have to visit Kyoto to see him in person. Not that she minded. Kyoto was amazing and the origin of sadō. Not to mention his palace-like, elaborate and exquisite mansion there and his white horse, Yukimaru, who she lovingly nicknamed Yukimaro. It felt far more suitable a name for him, the Snow Prince horse for the Red Emperor. All things considered, she wished she lived there, too.

Then again, she didn't want to bother him, either. So, she decided to wait. She recalled and felt guilty that she hadn't met him for his birthday on the 20th of December; Ai had only sent a gift with a letter to his mansion's address in Kyoto. No direct contact.