1.12 The Neko-Karasu Reunion

Reference:

Metropolitan Nekoma High School:
Head Coach - Nekomata Yasufumi
Coach - Naoi Manabu
#1 Kuroo Tetsurō (Captain) - 3 - MB
#2 Kai Nobuyuki (Vice Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#3 Yaku Morisuke - 3 - Li
#4 Yamamoto Taketora (Ace) - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#5 Kozume Kenma - 2 - S
#6 Fukunaga Shōhei - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#7 Inuoka Sō - 1 - MB
#12 Shibayama Yūki - 1 - Li

Metropolitan Nekoma High School: Head Coach - Nekomata Yasufumi Coach - Naoi Manabu #1 Kuroo Tetsurō (Captain) - 3 - MB #2 Kai Nobuyuki (Vice Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter #3 Yaku Morisuke - 3 - Li #4 Yamamoto Taketora (Ace) - 2 - WS / Outsi...

***

Sunday came, and the team members on both sides lined up to greet each other. The neko-karasu reunion, cats and crows, at last.
After, Ai was starting to go inside after Kiyoko, when she was caught by Tanaka.

"Hey, Ai! Come here for a second!" He sneered and had an evil look.

On the other hand, the other team's ace had jealousy written all over his face, as he got reminders from the two first-years about owing them yakisoba buns.

"It's nice to meet you, Taketora-san." She bowed while Tanaka laughed gloatingly beside her, but he stopped abruptly.

"Wait, what!? How do you know him!?"

"Of course I know him. I'm not your manager for nothing." Ai smiled at the open-mouthed Hinata and Tanaka, as well as a curious Sugawara and Yaku. "Yamamoto Takatora, wing spiker and outside hitter." She turned to him. "Isn't it?"

He blushed and sighed. "She knows my name!" he sang. "Did you hear? She knows my name!"

The two first-years gave him supportive comments while Kenma turned back from walking inside. She had no doubt he'd overheard and predicted that he'd warn the team that they have been researched. Ai didn't mind; scouting wasn't a transgression. "It's so lovely to meet people from Tokyo. I used to live there as well," she said, offering a bit of personal information of her own.

She bowed again and hurried inside to help set up the stage. While the Karasuno and Nekoma captains and coaches greeted each other, they reeled the handle until the net was taut. She also procured chairs for the spectators to sit on. All the while, she was elated they had brought a small feeling of Tokyo along with them.

.

The team's captain was Kuroo Tetsurō, with his friend Kozume Kenma as their setter. They had two liberos, judging from the colors of their uniforms. One was Yaku Morisuke and the other was presumably a first-year. Both Kuroo and Yaku were experienced third-years, while Taketora and Kenma were a year younger and essentially the same age as her.

The night before, she had been invited over to the guys' room to go over the gist of Nekoma's team. "They're famous for their agility and stable receiving. Their players are smart, too. Be careful. Although I only have information on the current third and second-years, ask any questions. I'll be sure to take more notes tomorrow."