1.1 Endings and Beginnings

Author's Note:

If there's anything you aren't sure of, please comment and ask!

You can also look at the end of the chapters, where I will most likely have Author's Notes or References that explain the confusing parts or Japanese culture.

And, please comment your favorite characters so I know who to write about!
(Both Haikyuu and KnB are fine)

And, please comment your favorite characters so I know who to write about! (Both Haikyuu and KnB are fine)

***

May 2011

Daichi closed the metal doors of the school gymnasium and locked up for the day. They'd had a short morning practice before their plans to go scouting for potential rivals.

"You all go ahead. I'll catch up with you," he said, holding the keys.

"I'll take your bag, Sawamura-senpai." Ai offered a hand out to the second-year.

"Thanks, Ai." He handed her his duffel bag and jogged off.

"Okay, let's go." Sugawara smiled and led them to the front of the school. "You don't have to come with us, Ai. I'm sure you have better things to do on a Saturday."

"It's no problem at all. I'd be happy to go with you."

"That's right! We're going to show her off to everyone and make them all jealous that we have not one, but two female managers!" Tanaka bragged.

They laughed.

"Shimizu's not coming though," Sugawara reminded him.

Ai felt lucky to be a part of their team. Her first year at Karasuno had been incredible so far, and she was endlessly glad to have become a manager of another sports club.

Sugawara and Tanaka made small talk while waiting for Daichi to meet them at the front gates of Karasuno High School. It didn't take him very long to leave the keys in the staff room and get back.

Ai handed him his bag, and the four of them left for the Middle School Volleyball Tournament.

.

They made their way inside the public gymnasium and to the observation deck upstairs, each flaunting their black club jacket. Yukigaoka Middle was up against Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High, and they were losing miserably. The scoreboard enunciated the crude score of 5-25 for the first set. However, the morale of Yukigaoka's captain didn't diminish.

While the guys beside her made comments about the teams and its members, Ai just observed the match. She watched the orange-haired boy, who jumped remarkably high, and the opposing setter, who was clearly talented.

A tense atmosphere surrounded Kitagawa Daiichi's players on the court... caused by the No. 2 setter's actions and verbalizations, it seemed. The other players avoided him and whispered behind his back. Ai felt a murkiness of negative emotions starting to grow in her chest.