1.24 Removing the Lonely King

Happy 2021!!!
I hope you have a wonderful year!!!

Also, I would be so grateful if you would answer a couple of questions...

— Anime or manga?

— English sub or dub?

(The reason I ask this is because the anime is sometimes different from the original manga, and I haven't read either of them to write this book.😔 The characters' lines differ from sub and dub, so I get confused with one to use or quote.)

Thank you!!!
(Warning: Long chapter...)

***

Reference:

Aoba Johsai Private High School (Seijoh):
Head Coach - Irihata Nobuteru
Coach - Mizoguchi Sadayuki
#1 Oikawa Tōru (Captain) - 3 - S
#2 Matsukawa Issei - 3 - MB
#3 Hanamaki Takahiro - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#4 Iwaizumi Hajime (Vice Captain & Ace) - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Yahaba Shigeru - 2 - S / Pinch Server
#7 Watari Shinji - 2 - Li
#12 Kindaichi Yūtarō - 1 - MB
#13 Kunimi Akira - 1 - WS / Opposite Hitter

***

24-24.

"Oh-oh-oh, Seijoh!"
"Seijoh!!!"

The cheering audience for Aoba Johsai screamed their chants, making Karasuno's three spectators look pathetic.

At their bench, the libero in orange ruffled the first-year duo's heads, complimenting their last quick attack. Kageyama looked thoughtful, but Hinata said something to him that refueled his enthusiasm. Nishinoya went in for Tsukishima, and the guys on the side cheered for their teammates.

Hinata's consecutive broad attacks were picked up by the opposite libero, again and again. However, it didn't stop him from running back and forth across the court. As he grew tired, his jumping peak lowered, and he barely tipped the ball with his fingertips over Iwaizumi's block. The energetic middle blocker fell and tumbled to the side.

24-25, Karasuno.

... 25-25.

Oikawa's powerful serve barely grazed past Nishinoya's head. He glanced behind at the ball that landed behind the white line, with his head still tilted to the side.

"Is it really true that Seijoh has never made it to Nationals?" Shimada incredulously said. "They're such a solid team."

Ai had to agree. Their psychological strength during the painstakingly long match was admirable. Iwaizumi and Oikawa were a magnificent combination. Still, prodigies existed, and there seemed to always be someone better than the other.

The deuce made the set go on until both teams had 30 points each.

It was hard to watch. Both teams were exhausted out of their minds, but they kept chasing after each other, one point after another. Ai knitted her brows while looking on. Unfortunately, she didn't have the stamina to verbally cheer for her team. Kiyoko also gripped her pink notebook from her seat on the silver metal bench. Kunimi scored the leading points with the energy he somehow still had left, and an unexpected feint.

Seijoh's match point.

"Kageyama, quit second-guessing!" Sugawara shouted, doing his part in removing the lonely king. "What is everyone on our crew?"

"They're good at what they do," he replied, truly believing his words.

Daichi dived and connected another one of Oikawa's weaker serves, and Nishinoya received Kindaichi's untouched direct attack over Hinata's short block.