2.5 Greed

I am so sorry for the delayed update!!

I think I got a bit carried away with this one, and it took me a while...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the very long chapter! 😓
(Maybe I should've made this into two chapters...?)

***

Reference:

Karasuno High School:
Coach - Ukai Keishin
Teacher Advisor - Takeda Ittetsu
Manager - Shimizu Kiyoko - 3
Manager - Akatsuki Ai - 2
Manager - Yachi Hitoka - 1
#1 Sawamura Daichi (Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#2 Sugawara Kōshi (Vice Captain) - 3 - S / Pinch Server
#3 Azumane Asahi (Ace) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#4 Nishinoya Yū - 2 - Li
#5 Tanaka Ryūnosuke - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Ennoshita Chikara - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#7 Kinoshita Hisashi - 2 - WS / Pinch Server
#8 Narita Kazuhito - 2 - MB
#9 Kageyama Tobio - 1 - S
#10 Hinata Shōyō - 1 - MB
#11 Tsukishima Kei - 1 - MB
#12 Yamaguchi Tadashi - 1 - MB / Pinch Server

Metropolitan Nekoma High School:
Head Coach - Nekomata Yasufumi
Coach - Naoi Manabu
(Borrowed Manager - Akatsuki Ai)
#1 Kuroo Tetsurō (Captain) - 3 - MB
#2 Kai Nobuyuki (Vice Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#3 Yaku Morisuke - 3 - Li
#4 Yamamoto Taketora (Ace) - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#5 Kozume Kenma - 2 - S
#6 Fukunaga Shōhei - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#7 Inuoka Sō - 1 - Former MB / WS / Opposite Hitter
#9 Teshiro Tamahiko - 1 - S
#11 Haiba Lev - 1 - MB
#12 Shibayama Yūki - 1 - Li

***

The next morning, Ai woke up early and changed into her white Karasuno T-shirt and a black sports skirt. It was days like this when she wished that she was still in Vermont with its cool climate.

Then, she went to greet her home team before going to Nekoma's group. They were going to have a few more practice sets before they left to go back to Miyagi in the afternoon.

To start, Nekoma was paired with Fukurōdani again. Ai sat in a metal chair next to Coach Nekomata and took more notes.

Lev was amazing, despite his little volleyball experience, and Taketora was a great sportsman. The mohawked ace was always shouting encouragements and narrated the game.

After scoring a point, Lev approached the second-year setter with his head bowed. "Sorry for being rude. I overstepped my bounds."

"And I keep telling you not to worry about it. I'm more disturbed that you suddenly asked for a broad jump setup," Kenma replied coolly.

"So that thing just now is called a broad jump? That's so awesome!"

Karasuno was currently between matches and watch the Cats. From the side of the court, Kageyama was surprised. "That broad jump was spur-of-the-moment?"

"But," Lev said, "we were able to do it."

Hinata was in awe. A center ace. Left and right wing spikers usually got the title, but he and Lev were middle blockers.

Only, another way to define the position was the person who won them the most points. In their separate teams, Kise, Aomine, and Midorima were all aces, even though they played in different positions.

"Hey, Kenma! It's your turn to serve!" Coach Naoi stood and instructed.

"Kenma-san! One nice serve!" The half-Russian stood on the far right as he put his hands up, ready to block. Beside him was Taketora in front of the net.

From what she had learned, Nekoma had lost at Tokyo Interhigh Preliminaries. And although it may not be the right path, they had new blood flowing through their veins with Lev's addition.