Yaku Morisuke's Birthday (August 8)

Yaku's voice actor is Tachibana Shinnosuke, who also plays Tomoe in Kamisama Hajimemashita!

***

Ai: Good morning, Yaku-san. Happy birthday. Thank you for the wonderful training camp last week. I hope you have a memorable day and a wonderful year.

Yaku-san: Hey, you! Thanks, and thanks for managing us, too. The first-years were thrilled

Ai: I'm happy I could. The juniors are all very sweet.

Yaku-san: Haha, yeah, they're good guys. The coaches had all of us review the notes you left behind, too. They're surprised you did so much in a week

Ai: I'm glad you and the coaches found them useful.

Yaku-san: Of course they are! Anyway, how are you doing?

Ai: We have Preliminaries in two days, leading up to the qualifiers in October.

Yaku-san: Good luck! We'll be waiting for you in Tokyo

Ai: Thank you. My best to everyone in Nekoma.

***

Possible crossovers?

So, I found a couple of other anime that are set in Miyagi!

First: Backflip!
The protagonist's school is in Miyagi prefecture, and the voice actors in common are:
Tsuchiya Simba (Goshiki), Ishikawa Kaito (Kageyama), Kamiya Hiroshi (Takeda-sensei/Akashi), Sakurai Takahiro (Tsukishima's brother), Murase Ayumu (Hinata), and Ono Daisuke (Midorima)!
Not Miyagi, but they've got Saitō Sōma (Yamaguchi) (in Aomori prefecture), and Suzumura Kenichi (Murasakibara) from KnB.

(Fun fact about Backflip!:
One of the original soundtrack composers of Haikyuu!!, Hayashi Yūki, composed the songs for this anime.

His other works include Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia, Welcome to the Ballroom, Dive!!, Diabolik Lovers, the live-action of Ao Haru Ride, and One Piece Film: Gold. Fair warning though; I haven't watched most of these shows, but I love his music!)

Second: Jujutsu Kaisen
The main character, Itadori Yūji, is from Miyagi, but most of the story is based in Tokyo. Okkotsu Yūta (the protagonist in the movie 0) is also from Miyagi!
For the voice actors/actresses, there's...
Nakamura Yūichi (Kuroo), Seto Asami (Michimiya), Uchiyama Kōki (Tsukishima), and Kimura Subaru (Tendō) (in Kyoto)!
From KnB in Tokyo, they've got Suwabe Junichi (Aomine)!

Do what you will with this info. 😅
If you know any other anime that could be related, feel free to comment and share!

***

Who has been to nationals in middle school?
(Teikō members, Ushijima, ...who else?)

Total Word Count: 388