1.19 Conductors

Reference:

Aoba Johsai Private High School (Seijoh):
Head Coach - Irihata Nobuteru
Coach - Mizoguchi Sadayuki
#1 Oikawa Tōru (Captain) - 3 - S
#2 Matsukawa Issei - 3 - MB
#3 Hanamaki Takahiro - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#4 Iwaizumi Hajime (Vice Captain & Ace) - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Yahaba Shigeru - 2 - S / Pinch Server
#7 Watari Shinji - 2 - Li
#12 Kindaichi Yūtarō - 1 - MB
#13 Kunimi Akira - 1 - WS / Opposite Hitter

***

The team came up to the stands to watch Seijoh's match with her. Ai gave Nishinoya a quick hug and continued to take notes.

Oikawa noticed the increased gallery, and right before one of his infamous serves, he pointed a finger directly at Ai, as if making this particular point out to her. He smashed the dedicated serve onto the other team's side of the court. The conductor of his blue-leaf orchestra.

Kageyama highlighted Iwaizumi Hajime among the other skilled players of Aoba Johsai, and Hinata and Nishinoya, who clamored over the paparazzi, were mistaken for elementary school students.

.

On the sunset bus ride back to school, every player fell asleep. Their fatigue from the two games had won over them. Ai dozed off as well. Juggling school and homework along with two clubs and volunteering at the Sakanoshita Store had left her with minimum hours of sleep.

.

They were invited to the staff room to watch the local TV program featuring the volleyball tournament, shortly after arriving back to campus. It announced Shiratorizawa's easy victory against Ohgi Minami High in Block I. 25-10 and 25-6.

Next, it panned over to Sendai Gymnasium, the very place they had played earlier that day. They immediately played a shot with Seijoh's must-watch player, Oikawa Tōru, which resulted in Tanaka growling at the screen. There was a picture of Date Tech's loss, followed by a personal interview of the Great King. Karasuno was only mentioned by name and got little to no screen-time.

.

After their meeting with Coach Ukai ended that night, Ai called for a story time.

"Steal their strategies. Watch and learn. Make them yours. You all remember Atsu-kun from Yōsen, yes? He came by a few days ago, and I told you that he is a member of the Generation of Miracles."

She got collective nods, the most enthusiastic ones coming from the three that admired the title.

"His strength is his height and power. Similarly, you all have strengths and skills that only you can do best. Another member of the team was Kise Ryōta-kun. His skill was the Perfect Copy, learning other people's weapons and using them as his own."

"Woah! Perfect Copy!" Hinata's eyes shined.

"So cool!" Nishinoya added.

Ai continued. "My point is, don't be afraid to use their techniques against them. I'm talking about Date Tech's blocks from today, Seijoh's serves and spikes, and Nekoma's flexible receives. There are no rules against stealing in volleyball. Be observant. With your unique abilities, perhaps you could prove to perform them better than the original."

She met eyes with Kageyama. "The following advice goes to Tobio in particular. Ryōta-kun had to play against his former teammate and the ace of the Teikō Generation of Miracles, Aomine Daiki-kun last year. He had to beat the person who had inspired him to start playing basketball. Kagami Taiga also had to defeat his brother-like friend, Himuro Tatsuya, the other person who visited me with Atsu-kun. Tōru-san is strong, and he may have been your mentor at some point. However, cut off your inhibitions. Your goal now is to surpass him. And, you can. I believe in all of you."