AdM94

"Skylar?" Lonan called. Skylar did not respond.

Napalunok ang binata. "H-Hey, say something."

At the very moment, he was... un-Lonan-like...

Sweat ran down his back and forehead. He was in deep breaths, his heart racing, his mind full of questions.

Even his hands were trembling.

One of the rare moments we see the Lonan Skullwalker getting nervous... and it's all because of a woman...

Speaking of the woman, Skylar Stonelight was speechless. Natulala pa ang dalaga. Never did she expected that Lonan would actually confess—well, she didn't even expect he'll like her back!

Back... Yes, she likes him too...

She have neglected her feelings for him for a long time... and with the sudden confrontation and confirmation, she didn't know what to do... what to think... what to say... There was even a thought of...

Nananaginip ba 'ko?

Lonan breathed out air... That's when Skylar knew she wasn't dreaming. She felt his breath... and the man in front of her spoke once again, "You're slowly making me insane with just your stares..." Napahinga muli nang malalim ang binata. "P-Please... Say something... anything..."

Skylar spoke out the first phrase that came into her mind. "T-Thank you?"

Lonan was finally at ease. He let out a soft chuckle. "You're welcome."

Skylar let out a smile.

"A-Also..." She bit her lower lip.

"Yeah?" Lonan asked, unconsciously biting his lower lip as he stared at Skylar's.

"I like you too." Skylar said without a voice.

And they were there, in the moonlight, staring lovingly at each other... with a smile.

The next day, the two had to fulfill their own responsibilities.

Skylar led in evacuating the children, elderlies and the defenseless to the mortal world. While Lonan led the school's newfound army, composed of the students, teachers and staffs ready to surrender their lives to defend and protect Akademya de Majika.

He also helped in training and guided the nearby towns' residents also ready to surrender their lives to defend and protect the magic world in the evening.

That is why the two unfortunately were not able to keep each other company... in the day.

But at night...

Skylar was exhausted from the long day of going back and forth from the magic world to the mortal world. All she wanted right now was to go to sleep.

She was silently walking towards the school's dormitory. She saw her friends by the entrance and was about to greet them but then suddenly, her arm was held by someone and before she can even shout for help or free herself from that someone's grasp, she have already vanished.

By the time she have appeared by the lake, she let out a long and defeaning squeal.

Tuluyan na rin nawala ang antok niya.

After a moment, she stopped. A very familiar voice then asked, "Are you done?"

She looked towards where she heard the voice... and she was right.

Hinampas niya nang pagkalakas-lakas ang braso ni Lonan. "Pinakaba mo naman ako, eh!"

Akala ko kung sino nang nangidnap sa 'kin.