AdM88

Lonan stared at Sky's sleeping face.

She looks so... delicate.

He ran his hand on her hair. He unconsciously smiled when she muttered unfathomable words, looking like a baby. Or in a simple word, cute.

"Okay, bro. What's going on?"

The smile on his lips instantly vanished.

He turned to look at the one who spoke.

Rio Rockwell Lunaless, you really know how to ruin the mood.

"Why are we going to that despicable place? Anong meron?" Dagdag pang tanong ni Iro. Sasagutin na sana ni Lonan ang mga katanungan, pero nagdagdag pa si Iro. "Saka kailangan ba talagang kasama ako? I'm busy, you know," Iro stared into space and smiled. "With my baby. Oh, how I've missed her."

Lonan massaged his temples. Iro is seriously giving him a headache.

"Your grandfather and mother's currently in there," Lonan began.

Iro's love bubble immediately popped. Suddenly, his conversation with his mother three nights ago, or in this case, yesterday night, flashed in his mind. He was, again, flooded with guilt.

I may have been too harsh on her.

"And based on your cousin's story..." Lonan glanced for a second at Skylar. He then looked back at Iro and spoke to him through mind-link, as to avoid any other passengers hearing his next words. "They are in danger."

Iro's jaw fell to the ground and his eyes widened. His heart raced and beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he reminisced the shattered glass.

He panicked.

"Mama, Mama, Mama—no," He shook his head repeatedly when dark and terrifying thoughts got formed in his mind. His hands also started trembling. His then tearing up eyes looked at Lonan. "W-What do we do? What do we do?" Biglang natulala ang binata sa kawalan. "My mom... My M-Mama..." He sobbed.

Lonan did not expect this reaction from Iro at all. He was... seriously dumbfounded.

Only when Iro sobbed did he got his demeanor back.

"I have a plan,"

As if immediately, Iro stopped sobbing. He looked at Lonan with hopeful eyes as he held the latter's hand, which made the latter feel really awkward. "T-Tell me of it."

Lonan had this weird expression on his face with all Iro's actions. Hinila niya ang kamay mula sa pagkakahawak nito at sinabi rito ang kaniyang plano. Of course, through mind-link. Right after that, simpleng tumango ito at nahiga sa kama.

He blinked, once then twice.

What just happened?

Tinitigan niya ang kaibigan. Nagtutulog-tulugan ito. He can actually tell whether someone's really asleep or is just faking it.

Is this really Rio Rockwell Lunaless? Why, all of a sudden, did he care for his mother's safety? I wouldn't be surprised if he would act that way worrying of the headmaster—

Suddenly, something flashed on his mind, that memory of his talk with the headmaster saying... He tightly shut his eyes and shook his head. He did not want to reminisce the memory anymore and to entertain the idea of... He sighed.

Napatitig siya sa kaibigan.

Does he feel it too?

His fists balled.

After a minute, he was back to his usual calmness—well, that's what he calls it. No one would be able to tell that on his mind was actually...