One

*5 years later....*

06:20am
Date: March 29th, 2018
Location: CASTA Headquarters

Sloane Davenport

My brain is seriously fucked from this weekend. I can't believe Celine dragged me into another party, and I didn't stay that long. Which is another why I hate living a double life.

I drank a couple shots and liquor so that I wouldn't look like a total stick in the mud. But my hangovers are a fucking mess, leaving me all washed up on shit shore with a couple of headaches.

I'm stuck on another assignment after another. During the past weeks, I've been undercover to stop more of CASTA's leaked information before it gets out everywhere. It's the reason why no one has ever heard of us.

I sit in my desk chair, twisting back and forth, waiting for my next assignment to be handed to me. It's 6:35 in the morning and I have to get up before school just to deal with this shit.

If anything goes worst, I might as well get my ass handed to me if Wilkins finds out I skipped another assignment meeting.

The last time that happened was when my biology teacher gave me detention and Wilkins was spitting out every cuss word for how "untrained" I am for this job. It was only because she caught me and Brayden in the janitors closet.

I was like 15 back then, and from now I get shit done.

It's why I joined CASTA. every assignment is an easy target. Combat and Stealth Training is what I needed before things got messy.

The thought of my now newly ex boyfriend dreads my mind. I keep going back to the times where we skipped class, almost set the chem lab on fire just to do it.

"Okay, morning everyone.." Wilkins interrupts my train of Brayden memories as it enters with his suitcase, a new set of files and coffee mug.

"Wilkins, why are we here early in the morning? I have an exam to take in less than an hour.."

Devon seems to be more in a bitchy mood. Only because she hates morning assignment meetings before her college classes.

"Hold your tongue there Briggs, or else you'll be teaching the recruits for night classes." Wilkins fired back, hoping that Devon doesn't shoot another bullet back at him.

She slides down her chair as he was pressed the button on the desk, popping up the projector, screen and dining the lights.

Great, another google slides assignment.

"Alright everyone, after last mission reports, we've been almost safe than sorry. If we're keep being uncover in the next few years, we cannot let anything escape from our hands. Which is why I need everyone's attention on this.." He clicks the buttons on the small remote as it flashes a slide of the assignment's info and profile pictures.

"This right here is Joseph Alvera. He was taken into custody after killing one of our best agents, Dominique Cortez. She was assigned to go undercover to find more about Alvera and his plans to take us down. And almost after a year, we found more evidence about his secret plans from someone over at HR."

He clicks to the next slide, showing Joesph, a young man with a team of people around him. And on him is the tattoo symbol of SIDD in the shape of 2 snakes.

"We discovered that Alvera was working for SIDD, and when he found out that who Cortez really was-

"-he killed her." Cory fills in the gap. He doesn't bother to look up as he's busying working at his laptop.