Fifty Four

24:30 (12:30AM)
Date: May 12th 2018
Location: Unknown

Sloane Davenport

I am one foolish, selfish person.

To think how things could've ended differently, they might have changed my life for better or for worse. CASTA will find out what happened and god knows what Wilkins will do when he sees me with the enemy who I am stuck to a motorcycle driving all the way to the safehouse.

During this entire ride, all I could think about was our moment in the main dining area. How I stood still like an idiot and didn't fire a single bullet at him.

He didn't even shoot me as well, but he was the first to lay down his weapons. All he did to get me where I am now is just by making it up to me. For what he did all this time.

I just want to know how true his words are..and if he really meant it to me. I could just jump off the motorcycle and ditch him. Even so, what would I even do to make myself better?

That little consciousness in my heart kept beating through all this time and I tried to ignore it as much as I could. My uncle from the beginning of my training told me to never trust anyone, no matter how good they are.

Because in the end, you always have to protect your heart from them.

The person who I thought I trusted was the one target I needed to swipe off this earth and from my life. How I was blinded from the start.

And most of all..I felt like hating him was the one feeling I had to stay with him.

I completely forgot who I was moments before I threw it away. I wasn't the scared orphaned girl or the agent who was willing to do everything to keep her organization's reputation alive. I never wondered who I was going to be if these two lives were to never exist again.

Yet, my affection was slowly fading away like all the other times I had when I started going downhill in my love life.

Why did I even save him? He could've taken me out for all I care. He's my rival competitor, the son of the commander in chief, gaining all of this power and darkness within a snap of his fingers.

Of course..I've always had a thing for very very bad boys. Just not the type I expected to swoop me off my feet.

I use my fingers to tap on Harry's chest, notifying him about the directions to the safehouse. His head bends down to see my fingers pointing to the right as a quiet signal to exit soon. He glides the bike to the last lane as the wind continues to prickle my skin.

We exit the highway, entering the offramp where nature becomes more vivid and where absolutely no one will suspect my location. We are far from Greendale and more towards the coastline of Northern Oregon.

I flip off my visor as we stop before turning.

"It's mostly safe here but we're gonna go off-roading a little bit to get to our destination. Make a left and go straight when you see the first deer crossing sign." I shout through my helmet.

Harry doesn't say anything but just a quick nod. His knuckles twist down to rev the engine and speed through the dim light road going more north.

My dress flies behind when we speed up. I memorized this route numerous times, only for when times were desperate. And now this was a desperate time of need.

.
.
.

I open the big wooden door as Uncle James unlocks it for me using a keypad.

"You'll have to remember the code before entering, okay kid?" He tells me. "There's a copy of  keys but the code is most important"

I nod my head and look at the interior of this "safehouse" he built for almost 2 years in the making. I can see why his cover job was a construction and management business. Killing two birds with a stone and saw.