Two

07:40am
Date: March 29th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School, Oregon

Sloane Davenport

The smell of weed goes stronger everyday as I pass by the stoners and their obsession of getting high before school. I'm surprised that one of them hasn't been to the ER yet.

Ignoring them, I pass by them and enter the doors that lead to the lockers hallway. The noises of people and their conversations fill the room.

It fucking sucks that my locker is at the end of the hallway when my homeroom is 5 doors away. My guidance counselor can suck his dick for pulling that shit.

Passing through each student, I get to my locker and spot Celine leaning against it.

"You're late..again." She groans. I roll my eyes at her and spin the combination lock, as it clicks after the 30. I scramble to put my books in my bag and replace them with my clothes.

"Sorry, 'Ce. I got held up at a work meeting this morning." And by work meeting I mean my full time job as a spy.

"Damn girl, do you ever take a break? Which leaves me why the fuck did you leave Colin's party two hours early before we were supposed to take another round of shots? I had to do with Aidan Christie, which was disgusting."

I glance back at her as she turns her back to the lockers, crossing her arms in disappointment. Aidan tried hitting on her during the party and she refused to go out with him..again.

"Ce, you know I can't let my boss see my wasted night before, plus my uncle called and he told me to not stay too long." Lying is what I'm good at, that's why my uncle convinced Wilkins to recruit me to CASTA.

My uncle works for CASTA as well, he'a been with me since I started training and when I became an official undercover. He's been with the organization ever since I was born.

He's also the one who told about my parents real work job...and why they lied so much to my face that they actually found themselves into a problem of their own.

"Hellooooo...Sloanneeee!!!" Celine interrupts my mind, waving her pale palm in front of me.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

She huffs, rolling her eyes back. "I said, What did your uncle say that was more important than Colin's party?"

Licking my lips, I come up with another excuse. "Oh..well he didn't want me to drink and drive or make sure I didn't get raped by creepy rando. So he went to pick me up."

The school bell rings, signaling that it's 8 o'clock as students start to scurry off to their homerooms.

"Okay, sure lightweight. Whatever you say." I shake my head as I shut my locker. I walk with her as we try to patch through the tight space in this crowded hallway.

"Okay, I'll see in you in government girl. Laters, hater." She puts a peace sign up,heading straight to her homeroom and leaves me stranded, walking to class.

I'm too self-concerned about the tools on my bag, hoping that no one hears weird objects, jiggling back and forth.

But then again, I have a pocket knife inside my bra, a chlorophyll injection hidden in a tampon and my revolver is in my pencil pouch, not that I use it for pencils.

As the other students hurry off into their classes, I'm distracted when I get notification from Wilkins.

...
Wilkins: Everybody, I just received news that Noah Lyses kid is in high school. They might be acting undercover as a high schooler, so be on the look.  I want all the data from every school website in Oregon to be downloaded
...

Pacing myself as I read, I can't help but glance upward and suddenly hitting a tall figure in front of me. Guess I deserve that for looking at my phone.

Startled, I'm facing broad muscular shoulders hidden behind the white linen long sleeve. The aroma of cologne and spearmint gum clouded around me. The brown curl hairs stick up behind his head and piercing green eyes that lock into mine.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I nervously apologize, pushing my hair back to my ear.

Staring at me, my heart starts to pump faster.

" No worries, just be careful next time there." He smirks, keeping his hand on my right shoulder, and graciously moves past me. His accent soothes the pain from our collision just seconds ago.

I smile back, as he walks to the end of the hallway, leading towards the west side of GPHS. That's where most of the Biology classes are and far away from my first class.

He must be lost on his first day here. Because I've never seen him around school.

As he turns the right, I exhale to myself, hoping that I wasn't too stupid to run into him like that. I keep walking to homeroom, recollecting myself from an interruption.

I make it to homeroom, but my mind is still in thought when I can think of those soft green eyes. His stance was very intimating for a guy like him. He didn't seem much of a jerk than most of the boys here at Greendale.

All I can think of his presence. The politeness, his shy smile, the glare in my eyes as I just embarrassed myself in front of him. By now he should probably stay away from me. Possibly like 300 yards downtown.

Maybe if his name is on the school data files, I can just see who this kid is. And see whether or not he could be a possibly threat to-

"Sloane Davenport?" Mrs. Klinger is taking attendance as she stops me from recollecting my memories.

"Oh,um here.." I reply. She nods her head and continues with the roll call.

I continue to daze off, sitting in an uncomfortable school desk that has multiple drawings of weird ass shit and pretend to outline them again.

But all I can think of was him. The new boy. Welcome to shit town Greendale.

A/N: btw Greendale is made up town name I just came up with but where they are in Oregon is pretty close to a lot of nearby towns.

Xo