Thirty Six

07:30am
Date: May 1st, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School, Oregon

Sloane Davenport

To say the least, I've resumed the normal routine of school and CASTA as I've spent my weekends with Harry most of the time.

I was just thankful enough to get back in time just as Uncle James was about to head off to sleep. The poor man already has to deal with the same workload and keeps an eye on me every time I step out.

I could have just stayed in bed for all I care, but the amount of tardy marks made on the attendance record might set me back from graduating so eventually I got myself up to go and limit my absences.

What I should be doing is going back to headquarters and look at the Noah Lyses kid profiler but it's still getting nothing at the moment. The technicalities that were fixed are slow just as finishing this case but it will take another month's work to finish SIDD off.

I was supposed to be done with education here, but somehow I always manage to stay in high school, not that I had a choice. It's always CASTA's decision on where they place you and I haven't left since.

But as tiring as it is, staying undercover is a game of hide and seek. I've been standing at my locker, waiting for Cece to get here before homeroom starts, going over a "surprise" pop quiz in Spanish that was rumored by a classmate I passed by.

The perks of being in espionage is learning things you don't know in the regular education system. So far, I can speak fluently in 7 languages, how to break in the bank systems in America and ultimately kill someone in 10 different ways.

Mindlessly staring at my notebook, my eyes gaze down at the words and subjunctions written as a buzz rings through my back pocket. Fishing out my real phone, my screen lights up as a text pops up on my homescreen.

...

Cece: Running a bit late bby, forgot to lock Cookie in his kennel and got loose
:(

Then another pops up.

Cece: don't forget we're still gonna get ur dress for prom this weekend!! be ready to shop, miss girl ;)

...

I sigh as I finish reading her message and tell her to hurry her ass before the homeroom starts. The world has reversed today as I'm usually the one running late. She always reminds me of how late I get to things. I clearly haven't learned my lesson.

I'll guess I'll have to wait for Harry then since he doesn't have a far of a drive from here.

Shuffling my phone back, my hand goes to the edge of the locker door to close it. As soon as I'm no longer hiding behind it, a spitting image of blonde hair pops from my view and a whiff of expensive perfume is surrounding my area.

Only one person with that kind of taste would be standing right in front of me, glancing as if I existed in her world.

"How's it going, whore?" The vile in her throat rises, trying to ease onto me like a snake. Go figure for Kelsey van Ryan.

I roll my eyes back to her disgust. "I don't know Kelsey , I really don't keep up with superficial people these days." I replied.

Her lips twitch and she straightens her posture to make herself tall. "I'll take that as a compliment babe. You know how hard it is to be me." In return she flips her hideous blonde extensions off her shoulder.

I give her a mean smile with no teeth reflecting off her diamond earrings that dangle so far from her ears. "Well you definitely dress the part to be all that. What the hell do you want?" I ask her.