Fourty-Nine

21:25pm (9:25pm)
Date: May 11th, 2018
Location: Belle Fiore Winery

2 hours and 35 minutes left...

Harry Styles

I've anticipated this moment, where I finally get to see the prey lurking amongst the crowd of tuxedos and colorful dresses catching my eyes.

Wasting another hour here feels like I've been set-up again which I fucking hate to let go of.

I know she's here.

Why else would she lead me to a social event anticipated by hormones and immaturity.

Far from the crowd of students and chatter that has been eluded by my ears, I stray away and look out from one of the winery's terraces.

The sunset has disappeared behind the mountains in this view, where the venue of tonight's showdown is a little more upscale.

Not to mention my attire; formal but dressed in the comfort of my own style.

Got to give the SIDD mission stylist props for getting the exact vision for my takedown. I wasn't going to go out at night in a room full of teenagers dressed in colors that weren't in all black.

From the top to the bottom of my designer dress shoes.

However, my weapons are hidden in the only places I can hide them without the school chaperones suspecting.

One of the teachers had to confiscate someone's purse for trying to sneak their weed before they entered. If Carter was here, he'd enter immediately with the joint through his mouth and shoot them in the head if they argued.

Almost every teenager of age is in attendance tonight as I only wait for one that hasn't caught my eyes.

She's never on time for this girl, which bugs the shit out of me.

Roxy also got me her busted burner that has been built brand new to the bone. All I need to do is find her head chief's number and disrupt her plans from going farther.

The DJ's music is blasting with the speakers' bass bouncing to walls of every corner inside the main dance floor. Round tables fill in with each empty space with white tablecloths and decorative plate settings. The star shaped lights have become brighter in each bulb that burns until midnight.

I can feel my entire back crawl with the tension growing like goosebumps. Ignoring the paranoia that enters my mind, I try to ease my mind by taking another sip of my soft drink, that's definitely been spiked by rum.

These damn teenagers are too chaotic because it's the most memorable night in their entire high school year.

But I can't blame them for just settling for the enjoyment of tonight's antics. There was no such thing as a prom or formal dance to my world of normalcy. Although dressing up in a suit most missions were quite the experience to kill.

My watch ticks as the hands touch the 30 minute mark point of this hour.

God, where the fuck is she?

I haven't seen her since the moment I stepped into this venue.

My eyes flicker up to a dark sky; stars speckling from the distance as chills enter my skin. My time to capture her and point the gun straight to her head is running out, minute by minute.

But we can't fall back and retreat at this moment. Every second counts to our lifeline.

The contemplation of just whipping out my cigarette and lighter is the only thing that will get me kicked out and miss yet another opportunity to take out my rival enemy.