Twelve

06:45am
Date: April 1st, 2018
Location: Ashland, Oregon

Harry Styles

I shouldn't be up this early just to deal with the CASTA moron down the basement. It's the ass crack of dawn and the weather in Ashland is colder here than back at home.

Fucking Carter and Cade are sleeping dead as a door nail ,so now im on bitch duty.

Heading down the stairs, the light bulb glows near the door and the small open window. One of the SIDD agents told me that the basement used to be where they kept caskets from a family who owned a morgue. Eventually, they all died and put the caskets to good use, bloody hell.

I reach for the last step and peeking through the small window, the stupid-head is asleep with blood-stains dried out on his button down.

His head is tilted to the side as I can see he's been beaten up to the point where he's going to need plastic surgery to fix him. There's a lot of bruises spotting everywhere and the burn marks are red, a few turning dark around the areas.

I scuffle my jean pocket to find the keys to the cellar door. Twisting to the left, I open it wide so that the hinges creak.

"Rise n' shine sleepy head.." I perk up, patting his shoulder lightly so I make sure he isn't dead yet. He groans, his eyes still closed as he has no energy left him in.

Tilting his head to the other side, his eyelashes flutter as his eyes start to open.

"Ah, there we go, How 'bout sunshine?" I smack the top of his head, as he winces. Damn, Carter or Cade must've hit him with a mallet. He's not a whack-a-mole for christ's sake.

"Okay, Damien. Since you've been beaten up to the point where you're mostly likely to die in a musty rotten cellar, I'm going to give two options that your life will mostly depend on and for the sake of your agency." Circling around him, he mutters incoherently while he tries to stretch his fingers that have multiple wounds and marks.

"C'mon man. You never play fair.." His whisper is faint and I can tell he doesn't wanna give in. I'll just have to remind him what cards his dealing with.

"Aw, don't you not wanna save your agency from being burned down? Because that would be all on you, Damien. All because one agent was compromised..such a sad story to tell." I clicked my tongue and sigh while he continues to stare at the floor.

Peeking through his eye hoods, he stares at me until the anguish look starts to show. Game on.

"All because of an arrogant son of a bitch who thinks he knows shit." He mutters. I take one inhale and twisting around, I clutch his face in my palm.

With his eyes widened, his nostrils flared and the blood dried from Carter's beating, he tries to breathe through his mouth. But with my hand holding the chokehold, he's got nowhere to go.

"Let's get one thing straight. I've been trained since the day I held a gun in my hand to kill every single one of your spies. So if you wanna resist against me, it's your funeral. Your agency is nothing but shit compared to SIDD. But if you wanna save your little protection agency, all you gotta do is play or I can just shoot you until your brain bleeds." Pushing my fingers deeper into the skin, he whistles in through his teeth.

He continues to stare at me until he's at the point where he will turn his eyes away from me and give up.

"Fine." He grunts. I release him from the hold and he gasps for air.

Looking at the floor, I spot a long screwdriver, still painted with blood. Picking it up, I fidget it between my fingers.

"Alright sunshine. Here's how this deal is gonna go down: I know you're not gonna expose your loyalty to CASTA, even if I stick holes in you. So you can either tell me what your mission was when you saw Carter at Cordell or start working for SIDD and I won't kill you. But..you cannot tell anyone that you are working for us, because either way I will enjoy killing you until your eye ball is sticking out."

Standing before him, he doesn't respond. His fingers fidget as I can tell he can't make a goddamn choice.

For an agent like him, he seems untrained for his position. SIDD can definitely build up from the ground up.

He's still silent. I shake my head, tapping my foot on the ground as I patience is thinning.

"I'm waiting.." This fucker really makes me more impatient than ever. I'm gonna be late to school, but I wouldn't give to shits because it's just a homeroom. Should've transferred to a private school when I first went on this mission.

He huffs. "Why the hell would you want me to join the other side?" He takes a steady breath, but winces from the pain in his chest.

"Because Damien, if we have more people aligning with us, we can be more powerful that CASTA ever was. We need people to join us so that we won't hurt them once every member of CASTA is killed off. Why'd you think you got more recruits in the first place? It's because all of them work for us. They've given us intel on every agent, every worksop, mission you name it. Even some of the agents you didn't even suspect."

He lifts an eyebrow, confused with my words and his mouth slightly open.

"C'mon, you really didn't think that we were that stupid did ya? We've always been two steps ahead of you. And once we tear CASTA piece by piece, there will be nothing left to salvage. So what's it gonna be, Damien? CASTA or us?" I smirk as I keep playing with the pointed end of the screwdriver.

He glowers at me, this time actually keeping his attention to my eye level instead of the ground.

"CASTA is never gonna fall to you guys." He chuckles. This boy really wants to play more games with me.

Keeping the screwdriver in one hand, I grip it hard so that it drags across his forearm. He shifts in the tied chair, as I continue to make him wriggle like a worm on a hook.

"You're gonna keep wasting my time mate and I don't have time for babysitting." With a forceful lunge, I stick the screwdriver hard to his forearm.

He screams in agony, scrunching his eyes as I twist the tool deep in the cut. Pussy.

"Answer me, Damien. Tick Tock.." Pulling the screwdriver out from one area, I grip it again and as I try to lunge to his other arm, he raises his fingers. Mercy rule at it's finest.

"Okay, okay!" He sighs heavily. "I'll join SIDD if that's what it takes for you to stop torturing me! Now let me go!" He whines as I drop the screwdriver to the ground.

Grinning to myself, I lean against the side of the chair.

"That's what I thought mate. CASTA's nothing but shit in what they teach you. I'll have one of my mates untie you, but I have more important things to do. See you around Damien." I salute him, walking back to the door and locking it back to place.

Shoving the key back into my pocket, I head up the wooden stairs and with the upstairs door open, I see Cade awake from his beauty slumber.

"Dude, what happened? Did he give in?" He rubs his eye as he yawns loudly.

"Yeah, he did. So just untie him and get him trained at headquarters. He starts early, and don't let him out of your sight. We can't fucking screw up like last time." I point at him while he nods, understanding the orders given.

Picking up my backpack and helmet, I start to head straight to the door and off to Greendale.

"Oh wait, I found something in his bag when I was searching for him." He heads straight to the living while I wait in front of the door.

Opening my backpack, I check to see if I have at least a pack or piece of gum. The silver foil still in it's form is trashed next to pencils, pens and an empty pack of cigarettes.

Cade returns from the living room, zipping up my backpack. He holds a small black flip phone, which looks the same as mine.

"This his burner?" I ask, opening it to see it fully charged.

"Yeah, but it's locked. I'll probably nudge him to open it for us. Maybe one of his contacts is connected to the spy assigned to you."

Gazing at it, I slip it in my backpack. "Thanks Cade. Now, go release the fucker. I'm tired of him being around this place." He nods, and opening the screen door, I wiggle my helmet on, clicking the sides to secure and rev up the engine.

I fucking hate this mission more than own father.